WDMyCloudMirror very very very very slow

Hi,
The solution I use (I found it on this forum) is turn off some services in Mycloud = Very Slow Dashboard access on My Cloud Mirror 8TB 2 Gen - #2 by Ralphael

1. SSH root: ssh root@ip_address_of_NAS
    Example:
    The IP of your NAS IS: 192.168.0.55
    ssh root@192.168.0.55
    The password “IS NOT” the admin password, is the SSH password, you need to enable SSH service first and put the password.
    If you don’t know how to enable SSH = How to set up Western Digital My Cloud | NordVPN support
    Only do not do the VPN part… here the example is easy to follow up.

Step 2) Stop the bastards:
On the command line please copy and paste this commands:

/etc/init.d/wdphotodbmergerd stop
/etc/init.d/wdmcserverd stop
/etc/init.d/wdnotifierd stop
/etc/init.d/wddispatcherd stop
killall crond
drive_sleep.sh off
sleep 1
drive_sleep.sh on
hd_standby.sh 5

*** In my case the command “drive_sleep.sh on” does not work for me… in any case I put it.

Some NOTES to read:

Run this script after turning on your Cloud access even if you had ran it before turning on cloud access. It is a constant fight with the OS now because it starts up the scans every time you start up Cloud access, or turning on or off Cron and so on. For some reason WD turns the scans back on when you are not looking.

So just run the script whenever you make any changes to the dashboard. I do have Cloud access on for my Cloud drives so I can access it on the road. You can actually turn on Cloud access just by accessing it from the Cloud app but you have to be on Wifi to do this. Once you do this, run the script again to turn off the scans. You will still have cloud access but you won’t have thumbnails which is okay… really… because half the time you won’t get thumbnails anyways even with the scans and the reason is … just because its a WD App.

Once in awhile, I would turn off sleep so I can watch movies without the drive going to sleep. Don’t run the script when you do this. However once you are done with movie night, you can then turn on sleep from the dashboard, then SSH into the device and navigate through

Other note posted by some one else say the root couse of the problem is this:

So if your WD NAS is torturously sloooow, the hard drives spin ever and ever,
your web admin interface does not load in “minutes” and when it does you can brew
a fresh irish cream latte and also drink it while navigating from one page to another,
if your CPU utilization is around 50%-90% ALL THE TIME, then what you’ll read here
might help you.

The root cause of all these issues is that WD Cloud attempts to index all the images
on your hard drive and create thumbnails for them — If you are an average Joe who
uploads a bunch of family photos, that’s no big deal. — But if you are like me,
who have mostly front-end-related projects, digital design, and artwork, that has
been accumulated over the last 15 years; that indexing process can take YEARS to complete.

Bye hope help you…