WDMyCloud - just can't access it anymore

I used to have no issues accessing the drive but as of yesterday, it simply won’t allow itself to be browsed etc. I was trying to copy a large file - 1.1gb over to it from my Mac when it just stopped transferring and simply wouldn’t respond. I tried the 4 second reset and the 40 second Reser but nothing happens. The light on the front just keeps flashing for hours and when it stops flashing (overnight), although I can see it on the network, I can’t access anything of even reach the admin page when I use the IP address.

I’ve now plugged it in directly to my Macbook and done another 4 sec reset but it’s been well over an hour and the light is still flashing. Im really worried that I’ve lost all my stuff on there.

What My Cloud model do you have? What color is the front LED? Is the My Cloud directly connected to the local network router using an Ethernet cable?

It’s the old my cloud with the curved sides and blue light. It’s connected via Ethernet cable to the network.
The blue light is still flashing, 6 hrs later…

I would suggest try accessing your MyCloud drive from a different computer. This will help you to determine if the problem is with your computer or with your MyCloud drive.

I’ve tried with my MacBook, via the network and via a network cable directly. I’ve also tried via the network on my iPads and my iPhone. The issue seems to be that the drive is still not ready to be accessed - it’s been nearly 24 hrs now and the light is still flashing…

1 Like

@homeyjay

Have you looked at the User Manuals?

My Cloud OS 5 Online User Manual (wdc.com)

Thx. I already have that.
I got fed up and pulled the plug on it and reconnected it and the solid blue light came on!
I was able to transfer a few files and it then stopped transferring. The light stayed solid blue but although it appears in the network, I can’t access and of the file system or the admin page. If I pull the plug again, it’s ok for a while and then it stops.
Im totally lost to be honest…

Can you access the My Cloud Dashboard when the transfer of files stops or is interrupted? Check the My Cloud Dashboard Diagnostic section and Alert/Notifications section for any errors or issues. Also check that the My Cloud has been updated to the latest firmware.

Other troubleshooting steps. If the Mac computer is connected via WiFi, try connecting over Ethernet if you can and see if the issue persists. Connect the computer direct to the router without using extenders or mesh nodes. Make sure the My Cloud is directly connected to the local network router and likewise is not connected using extenders or mesh nodes.

Hi, I can’t access the dashboard at all at any time. I’ve tried by plugging a Win 10 pc and a Mac directly into the Ethernet port and by WiFi over the network.
We have a Deco system and have had for 6 months but the mycloud is wired directly into the main node and it’s been working reasonably well (but never 100% reliably) in the 5 years that we’ve had the drive.
I called support a couple of months ago when the drive stopped responding and the managed to get it going by doing a 40 sec reset. I tried the same thing and I still can’t access the admin page or get it to work reliably.
I’ll be calling them again today, hopefully.