"WDMyCloud is Missing" in WD Sync -- Won't Synchronize

I am experiencing this same issue now- EX2 running My Sync on windows 10. I am in the process of syncing my entire set of client files (Approx 1M files) and it made it about 1/3 way through before the problems started. Then it slowed to a crawl and eventually I started seeing that ‘cloud is missing’ message. rebooting the cloud and computer eventually brings it back up but then it happens again pretty quickly. I slogged through the remaining files but now when i try to sync any significant number (5k+) files it happens again. I am scared that when I am remotely accessing this thing and really need it, it will fail. That pretty much makes this thing worthless other than to be a troublesome local backup, and hardly a cloud storage device.
I have the latest My Sync software and have tried various suggestions, configs, killing anti virus, etc- nothing seems to work.
Does anyone know if WD is actively working this issue now or should I just look for a different brand and start over?

You could always use a third party sync program for local syncing to the My Cloud. Free File Sync (http://www.freefilesync.org/) is one such third party sync program that is used by some on this subforum.

1 Like

WDMyCloud is missing
I have been struggling with this for quite a long period of time now.
Problem is that after installation of WD sync it all works perfect but after some time the function is degraded. It takes longer and longer time for WD sync to login to remote server and finally the message “WDMyCloud is missing” appears. It takes from one week to several month before the problem occurs. After un-install/re-install WD-Sync I got a new period were it will work.

I have four WD-Mycloud at four differnet locations and doing backup from PC’s on those locations and also from other locations.
What I have found is that the most stable configuration is NOT to use port forward, rather ensure that Relay connection is used. To ensure this UPNP have to be disabled in your router.
Would like to hear this communities experience of this and also if WD have any comments.
Regards

So I bought the MyCloud device for WD Sync pretty much. Now I’m reading the forums. and find no answers at the bottom of these threads. I have the same problem. The MyCloud can’t be found (when connecting remotely.) I can however connect via the web browser and the mobile app with the same username and password.

Has anything come of this?

I have the same exact problem. Any help from WD?

i have exactly the same problem too!
my suggestion is to use another syncing software

Good evening,

I reported this issue with WD directly. They got in touch with me with a
list of firewall settings that needed fixing. Once this was done, the
problem disappeared. Give this a go and email me if you can’t get the
instructions (I will dig them up for you)

Nigel

hi nigel,
would you mind sharing the setting to get it work ?
thank you

Hi, i hope this helps, it worked for me.

On this case we were able to verify that by adding the WD Sync software to
the firewall on your computer would be able to resolve this issue, please
follow the instructions below in order to add the software to the firewall.

1. Open the Control Panel and depending on the “View” select the correct
    option:

a. For Category View: Click on “System and Security” then “Windows Firewall"

b. For Large or Small icon view just click “Windows Firewall”

1. On the sidebar click on “Allow a program or app through Windows
    Firewall” for Windows 7 it will just say “Allow a program through Windows

2. Click on “Change Settings” to unlock the option to “Allow another app”.
    If the app is already listed jump to “step 7”

3. Click on “Allow another

4. Click on “Browse”

5. Browse for the “exe” file of the program, depending on the program the
    file might be located on a different folder, then click “Open” (below will
    be the location of WD Sync).

6. Make sure the software is listed and that it has at least “Private”
    checked.

7. Click “OK” to complete the process:

WD Sync Locations

C:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital\WD App Manager\Plugins\WD
Sync\App\WDSyncService.exe