WDMyCloud Internet access vs Cloud Access

Hi there,

When I’m in the WD My Cloud dashboard then under Setting, Network, Network Profile it says that Status is " Internet Access" :

Network.JPG

However, when I check Settings, General, Cloud Access, Connection Status it says that Connection Status is: “Failed. Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.

Cloud access.JPG

I think that kind of strange because the WDMyCloud has internet connection and I can connect to the WDMyCloud outside my home via my smartphone. So what is it?

Another issue is that I cannot update the firmware. Using the update button gives me the “Error retrieving firmware upgrade information: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance. (370014)” error message.

Finally, when I check Cloud Access, then under Cloud devices for xxx are over 40 (!) “New Unregistered Device” devices ?!

Due to disconnecting problems I have set a Static IP address which solved that problem but maybe caused the problems I mention in this post?

Thanks in advance for any advice and (links to) clues.

When using the Dashboard, Settings>General>Cloud Access did you ever hover over the MyCloudcirclei.JPG for more information? Did you click on Configure and the same hover over the MyCloudcirclei.JPG?

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Thanks for your reply.

I did all that and having checked my settings over and over again for the last 6 weeks or so I didn’t understand why the device reported a remote connection could not be established while it was connected to the internet and I indeed could access it through the cloud…

Then finally yesterday evening I found out that I made a typo when configuring the Static Network Mode! Because it was such a small error I didn’t noticed it during all my checking. It seemed that I had switched numbers entering the DNS Server IP adress :confounded:

A few minutes after I had corrected this typo, the device reported the Connection Status of the Cloud Access was Connected :smileyvery-happy: