Wdmycloud 3t, android file explorer issue

Hi, I bought a my cloud 3t and connected my Wi-Fi modem. I want to explore(read and write) my files with android file browser. I can’t login with admin account. Also I tried another users but it didn’t worked. I can only see my folder w/o password but i cant see under public folder even in this case. Can anyone tell me the solution. I read so many text about and, ftp, port forwarding etc. I am not an expert, there should be easy way to use this file explorer on android w/o any additional setup.

There are hundreds of file manager apps for Android. Exactly which one are you using? A play store link is probably the best way of identifying it.

I use Cheetah Mobile’s File Manager, and have no problem accessing my device when local to my network.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm

I enter IP address, disable anonymous connection, and enter my user name and password.

Disabling the anonymous connection, which enables specific user credential entry sounds like it might be the vital step in your case.

Hi, thank you for the reply. I tried lots of file explorer and it didn’t work as well. All of them can see wdmycloud but can’t login with my admin account or another one.

I tried ftp with “solid explorer” now it works but I just wanted to find a solution w/o ftp activating.

I would suggest trying a different password, in case you have used some unusual characters.

Can you access the Dashboard?

Can you access via a PC?

Are you accessing locally?

Yes dashboard is ok.
From pc I can access my cloud drive.
I am in my local area network via Wi-Fi with my Samsung android phone.

Do I need to change any port settings inside my modem/router to be able to connect with smb android applications?

You shouldn’t, since you are only working within your local network. Port mappings are for external-internal data routing. I have not had to do anything like that with any Android-based devices that are accessing the SMB server; File Manager, Kodi & VLC all access the SMB server without trouble, on a number of different devices (2 different Android tablets, two different Android phones). None of them is a Samsung, though…

Does your password contain unusual characters? Have you tried a simpler password?

Yes simple characters no special ones. I tried ceetah and I could login with admin account but I could not see public folders content. When I enter inside the folder, it says network name can not be found. I don’t know why.

FAO Moderators: it isn’t yet clear that this is a problem with third party software. It could well be a problem with the MyCloud itself (it wouldn’t be the first time that permissions had become corrupt, for instance; WD had to issue a patch last year to correct permissions). CM File Manager works perfectly well with MyCloud in normal circumstances, therefore it’s unlikely to be a software problem, and more likely to be a problem with the MyCloud, or the router.

Please don’t move threads around without good reason.

Have you tried resetting the MyCloud?

Or your router?

What router is it?

Huawei 253 my modem+router
I tried resetting modem.
Not tried reset wdmycloud because I just bought it.
Is there any setting that I should check on my router?

I would try resetting the MyCloud first.

I will try when I am back home. Do I loose any files by reset? How should I do it? Sorry I am really new for this device. Thank you very much for your support.

The User Manual will help.

Do you mean 40 seconds resetting?

I did the reset thing inside the dashboard and still cant see the files under public with the ceetah file explorer.

If you use the Dashboard (MyCloud’s control interface: see the user manual), what access rights are assigned to the MyCloud User you are using to access the MyCloud via File Manager?

If it’s not access rights, then I can only think it’s some strange configuration of your router.

Can you log in to the Dashboard using a web browser running on the Android device?

I’m afraid I’m running out of suggestions; I have never had any trouble accessing my MyCloud using Android.

I tried to reach under public folder with admin user.
I used my phone’s default browser to reset my cloud via dashboard.

I have been using my modem since 2011, this is a standard modem which has been given free by internet provider.

I am afraid that it may not support smb or something else? I don’t understand why i can’t see public folder while it’s shared and media activated.

I doubt it has anything to do with SMB; that’s a protocol that is carried using TCP/IP, and should certainly not be blocked by your router. Unless you have found a setting in your router specifically blocking SMB?

Did you enter a Domain when you created the ‘Cloud/LAN’ connection in File Manager? I’ve always left it blank.

What happens if you hit ‘Test Connection’ when creating or editing the Cloud LAN connection in File Manager?

Finally I found the solution. I tried to change my phone’s language from Turkish to English and then it worked. I didn’t understand why this is happening but it should be about coding. I noticed that public seems “PUBLİC” in the file manager app. Then I thought that system may try to login with “ADMİN” instead of admin. System changes the letters automatically to the capital letters and because of the Turkish alphabet admin user is not recognized by the wdmycloud.

Now I need another solution with android, because apps uses the system language automatically and there is no specific language options in apps.

That’s really weird.