WDLXTV - Moviesheets Vs Linksheets

@ritaben,

Hmmmmmmmmm, thank you so much for posting.  This makes a lot of sense.

I always wondered why various instructions were saying to rename a standard jpg (cover file/thumbnail) to remove the file extension completely.  I figured it was just the way the custom FW or theme worked, but it never made a huge amount of sense to me - how would any program know what kind of file it was?  Still, I’m only a NOOB, so just tried to follow everything and keep it as simple as possible.  I’ll also try your info on renaming the other ‘_sheet.jpg’ to just remove the .‘jpg’ to see how that goes, although the larger linksheet with all the info etc. was displaying ok.  Well, it will only display when I set my SMP to the largest display option.  Currently nothing is displayed when I change my display option to smaller icons/tiles.

Thanks for the tip on DeVicious’s Simplicity linksheet theme, I’ll take a look at this.

I’m sure I’m not out of the woods yet and will no doubt have other questions further down the line.  I just want to visually see that I have this part of it working properly before I start looking at genre folders and how that works and certainly before I start working on TG for the next 12 months to generate jpgs for the amount of stuff I have.  And that’s only after I sort out ALL of my folders.

Again, thanks for your post - I’m sure it will be helpful.

Actually…I was just about to post this when I took another look at the GBBM theme posted on this forum here.

I reckon I still have a minor display issue as follows…

Screenshot 1 on the link - I can see this.

Screenshot 2 on the link - I can see this also, except the smaller folder jpgs at the bottom of the screen are not displaying for me at the moment.

Screenshot 3 on the link - I haven’t implemented this yet.  Haven’t progressed onto my TV folders yet.

Screenshot 4 on the link - My ‘preview mode’ looks nothing like this?  I can see the TV on the right side of the screen, but it’s blank and does not generate an image.  None of the cover art is showing either, but I think you may have identified why.  But my background image looks nothing like this either.  i.e. It’s not black and theme related?  I still have my old wallpaper in the background - the one used with the original stock FW?

Screenshot 5 on the link - As above, my ‘small video browse’ looks nothing like this.  I know why the folder art is not displaying, but again - the background is my old wallpaper and not the GBBM theme?

Screenshot 6 on the link - Exactly as above on ‘large video browse’?

Screenshot 7 on the link - On ‘List View’, I can see the movie title and the 5 stars, but not folder image - again most likely because of what you identified.

The rest of the screenshots I can’t comment on as I haven’t progressed that far yet.

Apologies for the long post.

1 Like