WDIDLE3 needed for WD Elements 3 TB?

I recently got a SMART warning for my 2 TB WD Elements that it had parked a too many times. As I needed a bigger USB disk anyway, and to avoid any disk problems,  I’ve gotten the 3 TB version. But this time I want to avoid the disk park issue.

As I need to remove the disk  from the external casing and hook it up to the motherboard to boot DOS and run wdidle3 I would first like to check if doing this fix is needed for the new WD Elements drives?

Is there any particular reason why you don’t buy the internal drive instead?

In regards of your question, the new units should not display this issue.

The disk is used for backup and is connected to my HP NAS. All HDD slots are used for “live” data.

What is the idle timeout for the Elements 3TB vs 2TB? Can I use WDIDLE3 to change the setting?

You are completly avoiding his question.

So what is your answer as official WD’s staff to this question :

I recently got a SMART warning for my 2 TB WD Elements that it had parked a too many times. As I needed a bigger USB disk anyway, and to avoid any disk problems,  I’ve gotten the 3 TB version. But this time I want to avoid the disk park issue.

As I need to remove the disk  from the external casing and hook it up to the motherboard to boot DOS and run wdidle3 I would first like to check if doing this fix is needed for the new WD Elements drives?