Wdidle and 64 bit Windows 7

First of all, if this has been asked in some other board, please accept my apologies. I have looked and can’t find it so…

I recently bought a WD20EARS 2TB Caviar Green, and was partially aware of the LCC problem (the parking of heads every 8 seconds of idle time, thereby increasing the LCC rapidly), however, I was also aware that there was a fix: wdidle.

So, after succesfully installing and formatting my hard drive, I go to download wdidle3 from the WD website, only to get this message when I extract and run the exe. 

“The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher”

Now, I run Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and have never had any problems running x32 software before, Futhermore, I have looked at other boards/forums and nobody else running Win7 x64 seems to be having these problems. 

So the questions I have are:

• Does anybody else have this problem, or had this problem and found a solution?

• Is there another workaround to increase the time the HDD waits until parking the heads?

• Has anybody actually had a new WD drive that has failed with an extrodinarily large LCC count due to this problem?

This is annoying as I want this drive to last me at least four or five years. Thank you for any help or insight that anybody may be able to provide. Please note, however, that whilst I am comfortable finding my way around a computer, I am not an expert by any means. 

____

Extra info that may or may not be relevant:

HDDs:  Primary: Seagate  ST3500320AS 500GB

Others: Western Digital Caviar WD10EADS-00L5B1 1TB

Western Digital Caviar WD20EARS-00MVWB0 2TB

RAM:  OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800Mhz/PC2-6400

Processor:  Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5GHz Socket 775 800FSB 2MB Cache

WDIDLE3 is a DOS program. You can launch it from a bootable USB flash drive. I don’t believe it will run in a DOS box inside Windows.