(WDGeneralNetworkError error 500) for iOS <My Cloud> app up to ver 4.4.6

This error message occurs when you access photo folders containing apostrophe ’ in the folder name under [Photo] tab → View by album . But you can still access these photos via the [All] tab.

This is obviously a bug, which needs to be fixed in the future release.

Note: I’ve seen a previous post at WDGeneralNetworkError error 500 when viewing photos/videos in ios app
but there is no reply option for me (may have been closed).

P.S. Just tested with 4.4.6 and the issue is still there.

The original post refers to a different version of the app that is a year and a half older than the one you are using. Did you try following the recommendations in that thread? Does this happen in another iOS device at your disposal?

I just like to share my finding to others encountered the same issue. Since I just started using this app from a few days ago, I only tested on v4.4.4 and v4.4.5, both exhibit the same behaviour on various iOS devices including iPad / iPad mini / iPhone.

The solution is to delete apostrophe in the folder name.

Thank you for reporting this issue My Cloud Mobile App 4.4.4/5 for iOS
We’ve forward the information to our engineering team

Thank You,
Samuel Brown

I have some folders with apostrophes, but I don’t upload to them ,e.g., I upload all Camera Roll content to a folder named My New Uploads, and from there I move the photos and videos to Mike’s Photos or Mike’s Videos. Try something like this to avoid uploading to folders with apostrophes.