WDdrivemanagerstatusmenu.app Potential Demise Message

I upgraded to MacOX Mojave earlier this year. Since the 14.4 update I’ve been getting messages about the future demise of certain software items.

In this case I’m being told that “wddrivemanagerstatusmenu.app" is not optimised for my Mac, that it needs to be updated and that it will not work with future versions of macOS.

I thought I ought to raise this issue because my Studio II is configured as RAID 1 (mirrored) and might be affected in some way if I can’t for some reason use WD Drive Utilities.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem with my My Book Studio II, configured as RAID 1.
I regularly have the same alert message, about the next update of Mac OS (64-bit app only).

Is there an update planned of the “wddrivemanagerstatusmenu.app” by the WD dev team?
Thanks in advance for your answer.

Same issue here. I’m holding off a bit on the OS upgrade given that the apparent lack of a response by WD to this significant transition at Apple: 32 to 64 bit.
I will be in an uncertain position re my Time Machine and external Data storage - both on WD drives.

Please WD get moving on this.

WD Discovery was updated today. It’s been updated several times lately.

As for wddrivemanagerstatusmenu.app and my Studio II according to ‘About this Mac’ something also appears to have happened with it today (27-10-2019).

Same with WDMemeod and WDRAIDDriveService. They still show as Legacy software though so they probably still haven’t been updated for Catalina.

On the positive side, Disk Utility seems to work with my RAID Studio II.

I have also now got a bootable version of Mojave on a USB ThumbDrive to expreriment with.