WDC WD30EZRS-00J99B0 cannot access and require to format before using

My 3TB HDD with data has lost access and require to format by Windows7 before using. There is no problem before and now don’t know how to access to my important data that save on this. The HDD is just bought few weeks ago to backup data.

quangdh wrote:

My 3TB HDD with data has lost access and require to format by Windows7 before using. There is no problem before and now don’t know how to access to my important data that save on this. The HDD is just bought few weeks ago to backup data.

You can not be more wrong than this, a BACKUP means BY DEFINITION to have the exact same information/data on at least two complete separate and unrelated devices at the same time in case one is to fail. If this drive is truly your backup drive then you would have no pain at all in formatting the drive; that misconception you had is now taking its toll on you.

If free tools like Recuva, TestDisk or PhotoRec can’t help you, then contact a recovery company, and next time make a real backup of your data since no matter who makes the drive, quality, reputation and reviews, it can fail 20 seconds after you copy all your data to it with no warning or failing signs.

thepizza’s right.  it’s not a backup till you have it in two locations, at least.  however, it looks like you may have corrupted your file system if it’s now asking to reformat the drive.  check in disk management, and if the drive shows up there, I would do like pizza says and get a partition recovery software to restore the partition.  however, if data is corrupted, then it’s gone.  you won’t be able to recover it.  but you can at least recover everything else. 

one final thing, don’t ever just yank the cable out of the pc, or the power adapter from the drive.  make sure to safely remove the drive first.