WDC WD15EARS-00Z5B1-Revision 80.00A80

My most disappointing experience with WD HDD. I had purchased this 1.5TB for dumping my movies / music etc., Started facing problems from day 1.

I used NERO to burn some movies / image files from this 1.5 to my dvd, it stopped writing in the middle, and the partitions on the 1.5TB went missing, I restarted my PC and the partition and data are visible again. I called WD support in India, he suggested that I use a different s/w for burning. I used Windows Image burner, that failed too, error code 0xc0aa020d.

I had the same image on my other HDD (wd 750) I used Nero and windows burner to burn the image successfully.

My O/s - windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition./ AMD DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 4200+/MSI K8N Neo4 Series (MS-7125)  (4 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x4, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)/2048 MB  (PC3200 DDR SDRAM).

Now what are the options I have ? I am afraid if I send to RMA , they will simply replace the drive with a similar drive.

ok this hdd fried my mother board now. i am going to throw it in the dust bin

I don’t understand how your HD could have damaged your motherboard. What actually happened? What is the symptom?

The SATA controller on the board is gone.