WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 Not performing at 6G/sec

I have read the other threads on this drive and it not performing at 6G/sec.  I believe my problem is somewhat similar.  This drive simply does not perform at 6G/sec.  I am including the steps I have taken to try remedy the problem.  I am also including the drives benchmarks, any help getting this drive to perform to its potential would be appreciated –

Model: WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0

Firmware: 05.01D05

Passes 

Windlg “Quick Test” – Good

Windlg “Extended Test” – Good

Speed:

Windows 7 64 bit score: 5.9

HD Tune 2.55 Results: Max: 134.6 MB/Sec, Average 98.4 MB/sec, Access Time 12.3 ms

Burst Rate 2526.3 MB/sec.

Controller: Marvel 91xx SATA 6G Controller, Win7 Driver Version 1.0.0.1042 (Lastest)

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E  Bios: 1301 (Lastest)

Notes:

Hard drive connected to Marvell Serial 6.0 Gb/s port with ASUS 6.0 Gb/s cable.

ASUS IO Level UP set to blue (SATA6G performance).

When booting Marvel controller recognizes drive as a SATA III 6.0 Gb/s drive.

WDSSPD (moved drive to normal SATA cable and port on motherboard) reports drive set to 

“negotiate fastest possible speed”.

Just as a follow up for closure:

Apparently the drive is performing within specifications and unfortunately the drive is not faster than a SATA II drive due to its physical limitations.   To get true SATA III speeds an SSD drive would be the best choice.

ASUS tech. was great and so was Western Digital in regards to explaining the “issue”. 

I don’t see an answer to the question.  The drive does not perform at 6G/sec.  It is much slower than an 3G/sec drive.

Will somone please explain why these drives are so sloooow?  I tried two of them with poor results.  Can’t use them.