WDBH2D0010HNC vs WD10EZEX

Greetings,

I’m hoping that someone can tell me the technical differences between a WDBH2D0010HNC and the WD10EZEX.The specs I’ve found for both drives are not helpful. And extensive web-searching hasn’t turned up anything either.

Also, considering possible differences what are the recommended applications for each drive?

Thanks in Advance!
j

Hello,

I found this:

If this does not answer your question then I recommend you contact WD Support directly for assistance with this.

The long number one, is a “retail” version, the number actually is not a model number exactly, because if you open a retail box, you will find inside a normal drive with the true model number printed on it.

The model that come inside the WDBH2D0010HNC retail box, is the WD1003FZEX

So, you accidentally made two questions:

What is the difference between WDBH2D0010HNC and WD1003FZEX ?

Mostly none, the WDBH2D0010HNC is a box with a WD1003FZEX inside.

The other question then you asked:

What is the difference between WD1003FZEX and WD10EZEX ?

Actually, none either, the WD1003FZEX is sold as WD Black and has 5 years warranty, but it is exactly same drive as WD10EZEX, has exactly same performance, noise levels, weight, size, shape, etc…

Many stores, that are aware of that are selling boxes of WDBH2D0010HNC for the same price as WD10EZEX, this is a good deal if you want a Blue drive, because it is basically a Blue drive with “free” 3 years extra warranty.

But some stores charge the price that WD actually wants, that is about 20 USD higher, in this case I advise against purchasing a WDBH2D0010HNC or WD1003FZEX, you will just be paying 20 USD more for extra warranty.

There is a giant thread about this: WD1003FZEX CAVIAR BLACK poor access time explained!