WDBackup for Home Duo?

New MCH user, backng up a Win10 tower using Win7 backup from settings. I’m more used to using backup S/W, versus WIN utility. Can WDbackup be used with MCH?

No, WD backup is not supported on the my cloud home. You will have to use the windows utility or if you install WD discovery you can use desktop sync to sync common folders to the my cloud home.

Thanks fro the confirmation. However, multiple first attempts at backup with Win10 utility results in:

REMOTE PROCEDURE CALL failure. Seen this before? Thx

I can see the MCH via IP/Network withing Win10, but not with WD Discovery.
I have TowerPC on same SWITCH as MCH, not router. I"ll try to reconfigure switch back to a router to see if Discovery can see the drive. No problem with Browser access, nor smartphone, just WD Discovery on TowerPC. Backup looks like it is on the drive, just no confirmation back to Win10, which makes TowerPC backup
undesirable. Any advice?

Reconfigured my WAP as a Router, no change in WD Discovery still can’t see MCH.
However, Win10 FileExplorer can see it, and WIN10 backup utility can see it.
So, I successfully backed up the harddisk, except as noted in the RPC message above, I had to eliminate the request for system image backup. Still concerned about WD Discovery not seeing the MCH drive as suggested in the tutorials. BTW, WD Discovery can see the USB attached WD Elements drive. Please advise.

the my cloud home is not a traditional NAS. Windows backups will use the default public SMB share. WD discovery should mount the private user space as a drive on your computer. see below for info on the difference between the default public share and the private user space.

Thanks for the direction. I’ve read all the way thru the multiple docs, and have concluded I have Win10 32bit installed. Seems WD discovery (mounting drives) doesn’t support 32b. Considering reinstalling Win10 to 64 bit. Backup works, but no Sync-Invite-SocialMedia etc control, but I imagine they are all available with web link, just not from the Desktop App.