WDBABF0000NBK, want to update firmware, cant get the 'update firmware' menu option to appear

hi all, sorry for such a simple question.

i have been given a wd hd tv plus from a pal. i bought a 2tb usb disk, got another friend to loads of movies onto it off his mac.

i plug it in to the hdtv box and it says no data storage found. i presumed i needed to update firmware to see this disk.

ive downloaded the wdtv_1.01.77.zip file and tried:

• a clean usb stick with the .zip file in the root

• tried it with the hdtv box turned on then insert the usb stick

• tried it with the hdtv box turned off, plug in usb stick, turn on

• couldnt find a upgrade firmware option in the menus’ anywhere

also, tried

• a clean usb stick and extract the three relevant binaries out of the .zip file into the root

• tried it with the hdtv box turned on then insert the usb stick

• tried it with the hdtv box turned off, plug in usb stick, turn on

• couldnt find a upgrade firmware option in the menus’ anywhere

current firmware is 1.04.17

i hope i havent answered my own question, in the that the current firmare appears to be newer than the one i downloaded today from wdc.com?

so, was me being a gooph ball, have updated to ver 1.6 of firmware now :slight_smile:

unfortunately still cant see the usb disk. go to settings/file management and it shows ‘no storage present’.

my pal who put the files on the disk said he could play them fine off the disk on his mac.

whats the deal with reading a disk formatted / from a mac?

for testing i have a 50gb usb disk, formated from a windows xp machine with some jpegs on it, the wd hd tv sees this disk fine and can display the pics etc

Is you drive formated NTFS? Some version of OS X do not handle NTFS properly so the drive will not work in other systems such as WDTV (Windows always handles NTFS properly).

hi jedi,

the disk which the hdtv box wont see is one which was formatted on a mac os machine. i am thinking it might be related to journalling being enabled, ive seen an article about needing to disable journalling on a disk formatted on a mac, before the hdtv will read it. going to ask my pal to make this change on the disk then i will try it again. for the moment i have installed macdrive software on my pc, i am copying off the films i want to watch from the 2tb mac formatted disk to a 50gb ntfs formatted disk, which the hdtv can read. its a pain, plus the trail version of macdrive software runs out in a weeks time :slight_smile: its all good fun though.

thanks for your post,

bon weekend

As i see the wd leave this product at his feature.

IT DOESN’T RELEASE ANY NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE AT ALL SO…