Well I am new to this forum and Product.
Just received mine yesterday and all seemed to be OK. I never tsaw th option to link to a wireless network and decided to do the upgrade. As I did not have the unit connected I used the USB method and when the unit was powered up it stated before I selected the options :
- Download the latest firmware update compressed file for your WD TV Live HD media player.
2. Extract the three files (.BIN, .VER, and .FFF files) to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.
3. Connect the USB drive to the WD TV Live Media Player’s USB port.
4. Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.
5. Select the firmware upgrade icon, and then press ENTER.
6. You are prompted to perform the firmware upgrade.
7. Select OK on the firmware update prompt, and then press ENTER. This will restart the system.
8. After restarting, the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.
9. Once the update process is completed, the WD TV Live HD Media Player will restart again.
10. Once the HD WD TV Live Media Player restarts, the new firmware is automatically loaded and the WD TV Live HD Media Player is ready for use.
It was stating that it found the update do I wish to continue which I said yes. It has now been stuck in this mode for 12 hours plus… On Updating Firmware 0%
Removing the USB and looking at the files except for the three that is there for the update another 3 has arrived.
Can someone help on what needs to be in which file ?
Help would be appreciated as I am sure that there must be a fix without sending the unit back?