WD5000AAKS - Win 7 boot up checking disk but no errors ever found

Hi ALL,

I have a Win 7 64 bit Home Premium, Core i7 920 with 6 GB RAM, an Intel SSD as the boot drive and a WD5000AAKS-00V2B0 as a data drive.  Its about a year old and has been and still is working very nicely.  However for the last few weeks when I boot up the system about 60%, maybe more, of the time Win 7 says that there is a problem with the data drive and wants to run a diagnostic on it.  I let the test run but it never finds any errors.  The boot up continues and everything runs fine.  I have run the internal Win 7 error checker and also downloaded the WDC Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Win and neither have found any problems.

Again the PC is still working just fine but its an annoyance most times to run the boot up test or to tell it to skip it.  Any suggestions on what it may be and what I can do to find the problem.

Thanks,

Gerry

Hi dude!! If I were you, I’d try even more tools just to get a second opinion (Such as HDD Tune), if the drive is still passing on different tests… I would then check the OS itself…

Hope it helps!

1 Like