wd40efrx-68WT0N0 and wd40efrx-68N32N0

My Machine has 1xSSD and 2 x wd40efrx-68WT0N0 drives and has been working fine for a few years with windows 8.1 pro 64 bit. I purchased another wd40efrx but it is a WD40EFRX-68N32N0. and it does not seem to stay online enough to do anything. It’s there in Bios but I can’t create any partitions, format, nothing. It keeps dropping out. Its a Gigabyte H170-D3H MB that has 6 sata ports. The cables are all Sata 3.0 6gb rated. It was a new drive sealed in bag. Anyone got any ideas on if its a co-exist problem? or how I might get this drive up and running?
I’ve tried diskpart but that stalls at the create partiton step.
MMC doesn’t even get that far and just sits there stupid.
Thanks

Follow-up:
I dropped one of my original WD40 T0N0 drives and put that sata data cable into the new one (32N0 one) and my machine didn’t even boot. I’ve also checked the firmware and they are all the same 82.00A82.
I’ve checked event viewer and there is nothing special , just notification as follows “Disk 2 has been surprise removed.”
Next Follow-up. I found an old 500Gig Seagate drive that I connected to the same power and data cable. My Machine came up fine and the drives there.
Starting to suspect that this new 4tb is faulty.

Anybody got anything else I can try?
Final follow up,
I put the drive into a friends Win 7 machine and got the machine to format it as 1.63 gig GPT. That stayed up till completion. Put it back into my machine and the 1.63 was there with the unallocated space behind it. Then just used the extend partition. This seemed to work and has been up for 15 mins.
Currently copying some stuff onto it to see if its OK.

Maybe this helps someone else.
Thanks.

Ok