WD3200D032 not working

Last week my WD3200D032 drive began to stop working.  At **bleep** to connect to 2 different computers, but no success with either.  Is it a driver problem?   Or is my drive dying?

Thanks in advance for any insight and assistance.

Hello,

Have you try using a different USB cable and test your drive using a desktop computer? Also if possible let us know what Operating System are you using?

Im having the same problem. My PC (XP) does not connect at all to the external hard drive.  I connected it to my Xbox 360 and it works perfectly!! I’ve gne under my Device Manager and this is what it tells me    " Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Can anyone help me!!! :mansad:

The easiest thing to try first since it works on X Box is a new driver. Go into the device mananager on computer delete the driver for external, remove drive and reboot system. When the external reconnects it should load a new driver.

Joe

My WD3200D032 is also not working. However, it is not recognized by anything. The front blue light comes on but I can;t hear it working at all like I could when it used to work.

tnns90 wrote:

My WD3200D032 is also not working. However, it is not recognized by anything. The front blue light comes on but I can;t hear it working at all like I could when it used to work.

Have you tried a different USB cable and USB different ports? If this is a powered drive get it tested and make sure it’s working properly. These drives are very sensitive to voltage.

Joe