WD2Go woes

I recently purchased a WD My Book Live Duo which works perfectly in the local network. The problems begin when using WD2Go from annother network location. Uploading small files seems fine but large files present some problems. Firstly I’d like to state these problems do not appear to be related to network speed:

• MBL Home Network:

• Down: 100 Mbit/s
    • Up: 10 Mbit/s
  • Other Network:

• Down: 50 Mbit/s
    • Up: 5 Mbit/s

When uploading large video files (~172,092 KB) the transfer seems to go quickly and then hangs on 5 seconds remaining. After some time (usually between 5 - 30 minutes) the file will either upload or it will present one of several errors:

• Could not find this Item. This item is no longer located in [MBL location]. Please verify the item’s location and try again.
  • The process cannot access the file because annother process has locked annother portion of the file.
  • Problem accessing [MBL location]. Make sure you are connected to the network and try again.

Any solutions to this?

Are you using iOS / Android / or PC?

Similar issues were in the older version of iOS WD 2go – but it seems to have been corrected in the update that was released a few weeks ago…

PC - Windows 7

Are there any fixes for this?