Wd2go & WDPhoto - Device Offline Problems

UPDATE:

I changed network mode to DHCP and it seems to be working. When I had it in static mode, I had 1 DNS address (my router’s address) entered. Is that correct? Subnet was 255.255.255.0

I would really prefer to have it set for static but am very happy it seems to be working at the moment. It’s going to bug as to why it’s not working in static mode until I firgure it out. ;) 

Very interesting.

The error code you’re receiving isn’t coming from your MBL – it’s coming from something else out on the internet – and I have no idea what it could be.

What you “should” see now that you’ve “fixed” it is:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /UI on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can you confirm that?

BTW, my box is running a static IP and it’s working fine for me.

My only guess is that when you’re using DHCP, that somehow the UPnP reservation is getting messed up.  Don’t have a clue about that.

System still sems to be functioning properly under DCHP mode. I tried the host name again from an external network and recieve: 

Same thing. This problem is officially above my paygrade. 

Keep an eye on your external IP address.  Does it seem to be changing frequently?

Not too sure, but I will keep an eye on it for the next few days and report back. Again, thanks for all your help! 

I have been having problems getting wd2go work with my Ipad.

WDPhotos is fine.

I keep getting device offline.

I make chamges as suggested by other contributors and get as far as being able to list the folders, then when I click on a folder the Mybooklive hands and eventually gies a Device Offiline message.

I am using a SKY router which has a static ip addr for mybooklive.

I have created security rules to allow port forwarding on 80:443.

I deleted all mobile access on the remote access dashboard, then rebooted mybooklive.

I am at my wits end.

I was an IT professional but this has got me beat.

I have emailed WD but no response.

I have had a WDTV Live streaming for a while now and I suppose I should have learnt my lesson buying anpother WD product.

Their support is appalling and firmware updates seem to cause more problems than they solve.

Has anyone got a solution to this issue

I just went I tried the suggestion of removing the UPNP option

from my Router (Draytek) and everything started

working fine !!!

Hi,

I have an new MBL which can bee accessed from home via local wifi but not from say office via the wd2go. I have read the manual as well as sollutions from forums but failed to get it work. Could you post the sollution for this issue? Indeed, cloud accessing feature is one of the feature get me buy the MBL.

Regular users need a regular sollution but not the implied or technically complicated post without any help.

Many of the post here does not give any hint or sollution. They create more problems.

Best,

DoiHanh

Mine just doesn’t even show on the app only option is to reactivate. Which can’t be done as accessing wd2go outside of my network where device is gives me a error 404 ?!!! And so can’t click link for remote access

In a office it connects fine

Every single virtual storage device is useless. Knowhow from pc world was rubbish as well.

I just posted a new topic with the same issue, but can confirm the ‘renaming’ worked…!

I have tried every suggestions read on the message boards.  And nothing has worked.

I can access the drive fine from my Kindle fire.  I cannot access the drive from my iphone or ipad.

WD needs to fix these apps.  They adverstise a product and then it does not work.

I just received a call from WD Support.  He was courteous and wanted to help me fix my problem.

Here is what I have done previous to the phone call.

Renamed my Live Duo

Changed from static to DHCP

Renamed my Shares

We went thru my setup and he had me change back from dhcp to static.  However we changed the dns from my ISP to google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Now it working on all platforms IOS and Android.

Thanks for the support call Western Digital.

That’s great you got the problem fixed. Please could you tell me how to do that. I am having the same issues since updating firmware and I think this might work for us. However, I am not too sure how I change the settings. thank!

Well let me say I spoke too soon.  I did not change anything but it only worked for a day.

On day 2 I was back to the same problem.  Called back support and we changed a couple more things but it does not work for iphone or ipad.

But it might work for you so .

HIT settings.

The 1st tab will let you change the name of the unit.

The tab shares wil let you rename your shares.

The network tab will change to static address and add the DNS servers.

Restart the drive and give it a try.  I hope you have good luck.

Well I spoke too soon it only worked for a day.  Did not change anything in the setup and only worked for a day.

Called support and we could not get it work this time.  They are going to send to engineering to see if they have a solution.

What I don’t understand is wd2go.com works fine on laptop.  The app works fine on my android Kindle Fire.

It just does not work on the apple products of iphone and ipad which I use on a daily basis.

Keeping my fingers cross they come up with a solution.

L8RG8R,

Which query did you do to the nslookup command to get the answer below?

I am investigating the MBLD behaiour, but I don’t know where to find which is my complete DNS name in wd2go domain, like this one you posted.

Thanks,

Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: NAS-HENDERSON.deviceXXXXXX.wd2go.com
Address: XX.XXX.XX.XXX

In my case, WD2go works great when my MBLD is using DHCP and i doesn’t work when I am using static ip address.

What I could realize is that when I change my settings to Static IP, the MBLD doesn’t up the tun0 interface and the associated routes. WD any information about this ? Could this be the issue?

Below are my configs when using DHCP… it doesn’t exists when I using Static IP.

Please WD, tell me if it could be the reason for WD2go malfunction when I am using Static IP.

When using DHCP:

tun0

Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
inet addr:10.8.198.74 P-t-P:10.8.0.1 Mask:255.255.255.255
UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:23998 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:37602 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
RX bytes:3148078 (3.0 MiB) TX bytes:51097106 (48.7 MiB)

Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
10.8.0.1 * 255.255.255.255 UH 0 0 0 tun0
192.168.200.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
link-local * 255.255.0.0 U 1000 0 0 eth0
default 192.168.200.254 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0

At a cost.

Same problem here. How sad that you buy a product and it does not work. You call tech support and they will trouble shoot for $14. I also have had this problem and would like a solution.

It does say connected. It always says connected