WD2go remote access - Java error (Just show the Java loading page, and hang there forever...)

This is becoming a larger and larger issue as some clients will NOT allow Java on their systems, besides the issues of Java incompatibility on systems that have Java. How do I access my MyCloud? This was one of the main reasons for purchasing this NAS. I seriously thought by now this would have been corrected.

I had the same problem yesterday. Java’s default security setting was blocking Java applications on the share page after I logged in at wd2go.com . I fixed the problem by opening the Java Control Panel and adding the URL of the blocked page to the “Exception Site List” in the Security tab.

Java Control Panel → Security tab → Edit Site List → type in the URL for the page after you log in is → save and apply

In this screenshot I erased the URL of the page that lists my shares.

nm

I am having this problem as well.  Now I have to go back to all of our machines and download the OLD java just so we can run WD2GO remotely.  No fix for this yet???

I tried to add the site to the java exception list, however I sitll get an error stating that since this url accesses mutliple locations it was still blocked.

I also am having major problems with this.  It’s nice to know it doesn’t look like I’m doing anything wrong, but it’s quite distressing that no one has presented even a viable workaround.  FYI I am on windows 8.1 and running chrome.  I have added the My Book Live Duo - System Admin with logged in access code site to the Exception Site List in Java Control Panel, however my shares just won’t load - they just hang, trying and trying to connect.  Please, this renders one of the 2 main reasons for buying the unit, pointless.

occamsrazor wrote:

I also am having major problems with this.  It’s nice to know it doesn’t look like I’m doing anything wrong, but it’s quite distressing that no one has presented even a viable workaround.  FYI I am on windows 8.1 and running chrome.  I have added the My Book Live Duo - System Admin with logged in access code site to the Exception Site List in Java Control Panel, however my shares just won’t load - they just hang, trying and trying to connect.  Please, this renders one of the 2 main reasons for buying the unit, pointless.

As far as I know there is no work-around, but we are working on this and should have a fix sometime soon.

1 Like

the new patch should do the trick

http://www.wd.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfmycloud_s

i will try it tomorrow at a customer.

grz

dvsken

www.dvscomputers.be

IT support

I followed the install instructions and got a “31101 - Invalid firmware package” error.  Has this update been formally published?  When I then tried “Check for Update” it says my firmware is up to date, from 14 Jan.  I am in http://mybookliveduo/UI/# under Settings/System/Updates/New Firmware Update.  Am I doing something wrong?

After clearing my browser history in Firefox I am now able to access my shares with no problem.

So, you managed to get the update working?? I saw that it’s intended for the new MyCloud products, but haven’t been able to track down any updates for the MBLD (even though I don’t see what’s supposed to be so new about the McCloud vs. the MBL series)…

Has anybody else been able to install the new FW on a MBL/MBLD?

Everything seems to be working fine for me on my 2TB MyCloud after firmware upgrade and clearing my browser history on Firefox. Remote access to my shares is now functioning.

No I still am not able to install this update on my MBLD, so I guess I’ll just have to wait patiently until an update is released for me.  I’m delighted for everybody else though and it bodes well for a happy future for us all.

I found this solution on another thread. Downloaded the app and the problem has been resolved.

However, our best recommendation is downloading the WD My Cloud Desktop utility. This application does not require Java and has no restriction on file transfer size for a better performance. You can download it at:

http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?groupid=904&sid=209&lang=en

Hope it work for everyone else.

Thanks for the suggestion on the other thread, but I don’t want to be installing a paid security package to resolve this.

So instead, are you saying that I should install “WD My Cloud Desktop utility” to use with my MBLD?  Will that screw anything up, or even work?  Do I then use that instead of http://mybookliveduo/UI/#?  Or is there still no solution for the MBLD and I should just relax and wait?

I uninstalled the Wd2go desktop utility and installed the WD My Cloud Desktop utility. This has worked for me with no problems. And the bonus is it doesn’t use java!

1 Like

WOW! That’s solved the issue for me and is easier to use than the web-based route! Thanks for the tip!

Glad to be of help. :wink:

And yes so much easier to use than wd2go!! 

My, My Book Live 3TB stopped letting me log in about 3 months ago… let’s me log in on the web page then log into the drive but when you click on the drive to go to the folders it goes to the JAVA page and sit’s there with out telling you why or what to do next and it’s getting old… Will you refund my money or give me a fix for this as it’s not working the way it’s billed to. Thanks… It say’s my In Limited Warranty expires on 5-29-2016

Abrooks: if being redirected to Oracle website, you have a java issue on your PC. Check Java status using Oracle’s Java validation webpage.