WD2go remote access - Java error (Just show the Java loading page, and hang there forever...)

It’s now 4/11/2014.

When are you guys going to [Deleted] fix this? It’s been like this forever now. Now I’m out of my patience. **bleep** man. Can’t access my WD Live 3TB I have at home. Can’t access from OSX, Win7, Safari, Chrome, IE. [Deleted] WD.

My disappointment level with all of this is now off the charts.  Since my last post I have had 3 attempts with WD Support to try and “fix” my issues.  The first two sessions were completely fruitless and the third gained me a slight improvement where I now can access my content from my Media Player, but not via Network Shares, I have to go through Media Server.  But you’re gonna love this - now I can add new content, but if I move it via the PC to another folder, I can’t access the moved content via the media player.  It still thinks it’s in the old location, but when I try and play it, the device says it can’t find it.  Restarting the player, AND even the Cloud, makes zero difference.  This is unacceptable.  And I still can’t access my content when I’m away from home - which is kinda what a cloud is for.  And the reason I’m ranting now is I was due to have a support call at 8am this morning and have been waiting around the house for 2 hours and have received no call.  And this is not the first time this has happened.  I.  Am.  Losing.  My.  Patience.

occamsrazor

Sorry.  I escalated your complaint.

guess it’s time to switch to Seagate

Hey WD???

How long will it take to get this issue fixed?! we need to access our NAS remotely!

RSelvatici wrote:

Hey WD???

How long will it take to get this issue fixed?! we need to access our NAS remotely!

This issue is caused by Java security being set high. Have you tried the fix reported in the link below? 

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Latest-Java-7-update-51-kills-remote-acces/m-p/661711#M5038

Lowering the security level doesn’t work. Still redirects to Oracle.

I’ll have support look into this for you.

Is everyone still having issues with www.wd2go.com ?  I am still having issues and they seem worse than a few weeks ago.  A few weeks ago when I used www.wd2go.com, sometimes I could login and sometimes I couldn’t… Now it NEVER works.  Once I get back into the office (where the server is) I can access everything fine… so I know it is the remote access that is the issue and not my actual unit.  When is this going to be fixed once and for all?  I just bought a new my cloud hoping it would “fix the issue”, but I will be returning that to Best Buy as it seems that is of no help either.  

I tried installing the “new” remote “my cloud” app that was supposed to fix this whole issue.  Upon first installing it… my issues was that although I could access items remotely, I couldn’t email them or download them etc.  Now I can’t even connect to it either!

Please help!

No mgrube12, you’re not the only one.  I still can’t access mine remotely at all and haven’t been able to for weeks.

OMG you guys it works!!!  For the first time in months I can access my content remotely!  I can also access it via my media player again via the Windows Shares.  OMG about time!  I was about to lose faith completely.  I didn’t have to restart anything - there must have been an automatic update or something but now everything is absolutely perfect.  Let’s see if it lasts…

So FYI I am accessing my cloud via the “WD My Cloud” install.  I am so happy!  But also sad because I have been very dissapointed by the WD Support, and the product in general, for 4 months.  Pretty bad form in my books - just because it’s working now does not exuse bad performance in the past.

mgrube12 wrote:

Is everyone still having issues with www.wd2go.com ?  I am still having issues and they seem worse than a few weeks ago.  A few weeks ago when I used www.wd2go.com, sometimes I could login and sometimes I couldn’t… Now it NEVER works.  Once I get back into the office (where the server is) I can access everything fine… so I know it is the remote access that is the issue and not my actual unit.  When is this going to be fixed once and for all?  I just bought a new my cloud hoping it would “fix the issue”, but I will be returning that to Best Buy as it seems that is of no help either.  

I tried installing the “new” remote “my cloud” app that was supposed to fix this whole issue.  Upon first installing it… my issues was that although I could access items remotely, I couldn’t email them or download them etc.  Now I can’t even connect to it either!

Please help!

The service is working and it should be connecting.  However, for you, since the service has been brought back up, you might want to restart the device.  If you do or did that and it still doesn’t work, then you might want to let our support team help you with looking at the possible issues. Also, are you sure something hasn’t changed in your office network environment?  A change in the network could affect your ability to remote in to the drive.

OK, so on Friday, for a small window of opportunity, I could access my content via WD My Cloud.  However now when I try it I can’t access it remotely at all, on any device/PC.  I understand restarting the device if it’s not working, and I will do that when I get home and try again to connect remotely tomorrow, but seriously guys - I don’t want to have to restart the unit every time WD has an issue with it’s servers (which is all the time), this should not be a requirement.  Are you saying that it’s perfectly acceptable that if I am away from home for a number of days that I should only be able to access my content for the first day and after that I will have to get someone to go to my house and restart my unit?  This is crazy!  And stop getting people to give me Support - they have been no help at all and just waste my time.  There is nothing wrong with my unit or set up.  Just fix your servers.

Oh my occamsrazor… I couldn’t of expressed this better myself.  I just received an email from support this morning that said basically… “please restart your device”  blah blah… we can’t help you other than that basically.  I am SOOOOO tired of this and it has really caused some issues for my office!

No… nothing has changed at all in our network environment.  I will once again try restarting the device tomorrow.  Again, the device works fine when I am at the office, the whole issue is trying to access it remotely.  The “cloud” option has worked a bit in the past and doesn’t anymore either.  However, even when that does work… I don’t thing I am seeing the option of downloading or emailing the content from the “cloud” etc.  

What version of browser(s) are you guys using?

The latest Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131 m.  Trying to use wd2go still comes up with the security issues so I can’t use it.  But today is the first time I’ve tried using a browser in months - I have been using the suggested WD My Cloud application version 1.0.4.37, which has worked remotely twice in the 2 months I’ve had it installed.

I am using the latest chrome version. I have also restarted my device and that did not fix the issue.

Latest chrome version! I have also restarted the device and that did not fix this issue.

So, as I understand it, you guys are specifically having issues with the Java loading, but then just hanging, and the UI never loads.  Is that correct.  And of course you’ve all reset your Java’s security level (not your browser security level)?

Which means you did this…

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11387/

And if you are using a Mac then please check this out.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10392

Also if you’re using Java 7 with Chrome on a Mac, you might want to check out these topics…

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/9olvkqb0UHA

http://www.tuaw.com/2012/10/22/java-7-and-chrome-dont-play-well-together/