WD2go remote access - Java error (Just show the Java loading page, and hang there forever...)

I had a related problem and after a day of messing with my Windows and Java security settings, I called WD support at 1 800 275 4932.  The rep said they were working on a fix for the Java 7.0.51 incompatibility, and recommended uninstalling it., and to download and install Java 7 Update 45.  This worked, albeit the Java warning still pops up.

I have very slow remote downloads from the WD Mycloud server (2.5 minutes for 37 Mb) on my Vista laptop.

My iPad downloads the same file (on the same wi-fi) in 7 seconds.

Regards,

Peter

Sounds promising! Where did you get the Update 45? Can’t seem to get it from Oracle without creating an account first. which I don’t want to do … could you please supply us with a link?

Thanks very much!

I don’t think that a solution. Call it a workaround.

Dammit, I hope they get this fixed soon. Ever since I bought My book live 3TB, I never actually was able to access this drive from out side be it Windows or OSX because of problems with java.

SwissRog wrote:

Sounds promising! Where did you get the Update 45? Can’t seem to get it from Oracle without creating an account first. which I don’t want to do … could you please supply us with a link?

Thanks very much!

Google Java 7 Update 45.

Very poor show by WD.

This has gone on for a long time by the looks of it.

I bought my my cloud 3tb a few days a go and since then spent every waking minute trying to let people access it with no luck due to the java warnings.

Is there a fix yet because if not I will be taking it back to the shop ASAP and definately telling others to avoid at all costs.

Have you tried the recommendation in the link below?

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Latest-Java-7-update-51-kills-remote-acces/m-p/661711#M5038

That surely is not a fix for the problem!

I cannot tell my clients to lower their security levels so as to access their files.

I know you are only trying to help but are you talking personaly here or is this you talking as a WD representative.

I need a secure, safe and easy way for my clients to access their files remotely over the internet. The salesman in pc world told me I could do just that with the mmy cloud + Im pretty sure WD advertise the same.

I know in the IT world updates from one companys software can cause problems for others but this has been going on for a while with no resolution. Why not?

1 Like

Being returned tomorrow.

Item not as described and thefore useless to me.

Bye

Gave up trying to use this.

I have a My Cloud Live 2TB

I two am having the Java update issue.

I bought this several months ago (thanksgiving) and was getting this Java warning! About it not being supported in update!

WD needs to get off their asses! Fix the Java Certificates in a Firmware Patch and update this thing!

Your spending Thousands of Dollars in Commercials on a Product that doesnt work as it’s advertised!

FIX IT!!!

I have bought hunders of dollars worth of Western Digital Products in the past… And if this doesnt get fix shortly I will be forced to become a Segate Customer! I have plans to buy at least several more (Cloud Style harddrives in the near future)

You’ve had 4 months fix this! You’re loosing comstomers every day this isnt corrected!!!

I have java related issues with remote access too, in Chrome and Firefox, Windows 7. 

"Security Exception

Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: 

wd2go…"

This is of course a serious problem, so I would get around and fix it as soon as possible if I where you. Its still possible to access the device via ftp, but some would consider that a rather advanced route. And it seems that the My Cloud line is aiming for just the opposite, right?

It’s a fix that doesn’t even work, at least not for me. Not in IE, not in Firefox, not in Chrome, not in AOL.

My remote access worked fine before the latest Java upgrade.  I can make it work now by loading an older version of Java but then other sites don’t work because they want me to upgrade to Java.  Will WD be fixing the bug soon so WD2GO works with the latest version of Java?

This is becoming a larger and larger issue as some clients will NOT allow Java on their systems, besides the issues of Java incompatibility on systems that have Java. How do I access my MyCloud? This was one of the main reasons for purchasing this NAS. I seriously thought by now this would have been corrected.

I had the same problem yesterday. Java’s default security setting was blocking Java applications on the share page after I logged in at wd2go.com . I fixed the problem by opening the Java Control Panel and adding the URL of the blocked page to the “Exception Site List” in the Security tab.

Java Control Panel → Security tab → Edit Site List → type in the URL for the page after you log in is → save and apply

In this screenshot I erased the URL of the page that lists my shares.

nm

I am having this problem as well.  Now I have to go back to all of our machines and download the OLD java just so we can run WD2GO remotely.  No fix for this yet???

I tried to add the site to the java exception list, however I sitll get an error stating that since this url accesses mutliple locations it was still blocked.

I also am having major problems with this.  It’s nice to know it doesn’t look like I’m doing anything wrong, but it’s quite distressing that no one has presented even a viable workaround.  FYI I am on windows 8.1 and running chrome.  I have added the My Book Live Duo - System Admin with logged in access code site to the Exception Site List in Java Control Panel, however my shares just won’t load - they just hang, trying and trying to connect.  Please, this renders one of the 2 main reasons for buying the unit, pointless.

occamsrazor wrote:

I also am having major problems with this.  It’s nice to know it doesn’t look like I’m doing anything wrong, but it’s quite distressing that no one has presented even a viable workaround.  FYI I am on windows 8.1 and running chrome.  I have added the My Book Live Duo - System Admin with logged in access code site to the Exception Site List in Java Control Panel, however my shares just won’t load - they just hang, trying and trying to connect.  Please, this renders one of the 2 main reasons for buying the unit, pointless.

As far as I know there is no work-around, but we are working on this and should have a fix sometime soon.

1 Like