WD2GO Pro?

I’m trying that right now as I type… however, I did nave this working briefly with UPnP on previously… 

… nothing happening…

… nope… 

… still no…

Well, that’s not working.  UPnP seems to be of no consequence to the WD 2 Go Pro app.

Aah… Here we go "The Device is not accessible.   Local documents are available. (F.11)

So, WD… your help please - I’ve not yet rated the app on the Apple store, but I’m about to… can you give somehing zero stars?

For the record, still no issue with the free versin of the same app or WD Photo.

Kosmoprom wrote:
try off “upnp” in router setting

I have exactly the same error message with WD2Go Pro on my iPad2. Howerver,  WD Photos worked with no problem at all.

I have another additional issue with Remote Web Access in that after I have logged on successfully with my email and password, MBL is showing as being Offline. Wonder whether this is related to my WD2Go Pro problem. Have not  tried the free WD2Go and I may do just that.

Read in one the posts that “disabling” and “enabling” Remote Access from the Dashboard solved someone’s Remote Web Access issue. Unfortunately that didn’t work for me.

Hi Guys,

We’re trying very hard to reproduce the issue in our labs. The routers listed so far (virgin, billion and the dlink-320) are ones we don’t have here in the States. We’re trying to purchase a router internationally and have tried all of our routers in inventory and have not been able to reproduce the issue.

If others that are having this issue can post the router model number (especially those in the States), it will help accelerate the investigation. The only difference between Pro and standard edition is that we use the local IP address in Pro and the Bonjour name (e.g. mybooklive.local) in standard. 

We do apologize for the issues you’re having. Our team is dedicated to these products and will get to the bottom of this. 

I’ve got a Technicolor TG582n router.  If that helps :slight_smile:

Regarding the IP - I’ve assigned a local IP to the WD MBL.  Still using DHCP but I have assigned the device a particular IP to use everytime.  Could this bne the cause of the issue?

Confirmed Pro version works fine from 3g, no luck while connected via WiFi to my Billion 7800n…

After playing some more I think I’ve found a soloution - atleast for my Billion 7800N router.

Turning off UPnP was no help, but it made me think of looking elsewhere…

I then looked in my routers setup - ‘Status/UPnP Portmap’ and WD2goSSL was listed as using port 443

So I went to ‘Virtual Server/Port Mapping’ and enabled TCP on port 443 for the WD My Book Live device on 192.168.1.x

WD 2Go Pro now works fine with local LAN :wink:i

Hi Guys,

We found the issue late last night. Yes, if you’re external port is 80/443 then it will work (good detective work!) any other port on certain routers that don’t allow for loopback of the WAN address will fail. We’ve implemented the fix, and are running it through QA today and will submit to app store right away. It will be WD 2go Pro 1.0.1.

Again we apologize for the troubles.

Thanks,

-Raj

Great to see that issues are diagnosed and acted upon so swiftly further to feedback.  Thanks for your efforts…

… I’ve not yet rated the app and will hold off until the release has been approved.

Thanks.

I’m having the same problem with WD 2Go Pro. The free version works fine.

Error: Device Offline  The device in not accessible. Local documents are available. (F.11)

My router:  Netgear RangeMax WPN824 v3

Looking forward to the fix and if it works… goodbye Dropbox! 

We posted the app and it’s in the approval process.

We do thank you for bringing this to our attention and also thank you for holding off on reviews until you try the fix.

Our team does care about our products and the reviews really do make (or break) our day! 

Thanks guys, that’s good to know.

However, very oddly - mine started working again all on it’s own.  I don’t know why or even how.

One outstanding issue however is that, I’ve moved my entire music collection (iTunes folder) to the Public folder and, whilst I can browse the files on my Mac, the App refuses to show anything in the music (iTunes Media/Music) folder.  I can however see books and other files - but not the music (about 120GB of it).

Any ideas why?

How many files are in a given folder? I’m wondering if we’re timing out when getting the directory listing.

It varies, I have my folders organised into Artists, Albums…  So for example, I have about 750 folders in the iTunes Media/Music folder.  Within that folder it breaks down into artists - let’s use The Beatles as an example.  I have 20 albums by the beatles in there and the folder is 4.44GB for them alone.

In total, my music folder (iTunes) in the WD MBL Shared Music folder is about 120GB or thereabouts.

Do you know how many files/folders are in the first folder that fails to show? 750 shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve seen issues when a single folder contains 10s of thousands of items.  

I rsync’d my iTunes folder and can see it - however, my collection isn’t anywhere near what you have. I’ll ask QA to try. You just dragged from Finder the iTunes folder found in Music to your Public/Shared Music folder and then tried viewing the iTunes folder in the 2go Pro app and did not see anything? 

BTW - I can only see the LAN access working for you if one of these two things occurred: (1) WAN access to your MBL is now on port 80/443 (2) The app is using the WAN address (and your router allows WAN access of LAN devices)

Item 2 is hard for you to tell as there isn’t logging in our production release. I am working with the team to plan for some diagnostic info as a feature so we can tell the connection type, IP address, etc.

The only folder that will not display files is the music folder; iTunes Media/Music

I can see other files in, for example; iTunes Media/ Books

Does that help?  I literally dragged the entire iTunes folder over to the Shared Music folder on the MBL and copied it over… it took a while as you can expect.

Cheers.

I had the same problem with my music folder not showing, 150gig in size but all by itself they are there now.

Btw. Pro version is working 100% both via LAN and 3G since I opened port 443, did not have to open port 80…

Still waiting for fixed version to try!

QA came back - they tried 10G and didn’t see the problem. I’ll ask them to increase the size and try accessing the directory both during copy and after.

The app is still ‘Waiting for review’ by Apple :frowning:

Yeah, 10GB is less than 10% of the amount of data I’ve got in my music folder so maybe worth trying something like 100-200GB?

I do get random occurences of the F.11 issue, it works sometimes and other times no access… it’s weird.  Nothing’s changing at my end… 

1.0.1 has been posted. Let us know if things are better.
QA has tried 50 GB without issue. Still trying more stress tests.
You may want to call support. I’ll check with other teams if they’ve seen poor response times.