WD2go iOS app v2: no way to open photos/videos stored on device using the app

I must be missing something here… somebody enlighten me.

In order to upload a photo stored on an iphone or ipad, one must get it into the downloads tab of the iOS app (v 2.0). To do that, you are supposed to open files from the “open with” dialog within a *different* app than the WD2go app itself. However, the native iOS photo app doesn’t have an “open with” option in its dialog. I was finally able to do it by using some random app like “iZip”, which clearly has full access to all the photos and videos stored on the device. 

This seems like a really clunky way to handle photos and videos… did I miss a simple way to do this inside the WD2go app somewhere? 

Thanks all. 

You can do this directly from WD Photos. Not sure if this same functionality will end up in 2go…

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in Idea Exchange located in the same category as your product. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

List of Idea Exchanges

http://community.wdc.com/t5/New-to-WD-Community/Where-Do-I-Post-My-Ideas/td-p/122260

(I agree, it should work that way! It’s the same on Android if it makes you feel any better: you’re not alone!)