WD2go app video streaming

I’ve noticed that since the latest fireware update on my MBL 2T WD2go video streaming (outside my local network) stutters and stops. Nothing in my network setup has changed and the FiOS connection has 40MB up and 32MB down. Before I could watch videos remotely on my iPhone without any issues.

Anyone else having problems??

Did you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Alucardx23 wrote:

Did you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Yes I did. I can understand when using 3G but wifi at Starbucks has always worked so well.

whsbuss:   I noticed the same thing, but not necessarily a firmware update causing it. 

I’ve been running my Duo without an update for quite a while … but today, impossible to “stream” to my iPad.  

CLIPPING the files, however, is still quick.

I wonder if the iOS 5.1.1 update is what did it.

Well, strike that theory…  I have an iPod touch that I have not upgraded … still on 5.1…  has the same problem.

Hmmm. 

I thought the same thing about iOS 5.1.1 but as you point out its not the problem. I wonder if at times FiOS has some network latency which causes the streaming issues.

Well, we’re common there…  I have FiOS 40/40.

Mystery solved, for me, at least…   Corporate QoS policy changed and now significantly limits video over IP.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Mystery solved, for me, at least…   Corporate QoS policy changed and now significantly limits video over IP.

Really? Wow that **bleep** so unless your on your local wifi/network video streaming doesn’t work on FiOS. Where did you find this?

Sorry to confuse…  Not Verizon corporate policy…  my employer’s policy.  

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Sorry to confuse…  Not Verizon corporate policy…  my employer’s policy.  

Okay thatks for the clairification. I would assume QoS and bandwidth at the remote would also determine streaming quality. I was just concerned the VZ set some new QoS policy.