Wd2go app for iOS & android

I have a kindle fire and ipad. The wd2go app for great for the kindle but never works for the ipad.

The app always times out with device inaccessible. Never have a problem with the kindle fire.

Can someone at WD fix this please

I have been having the same problem with my Ipad3 for months now.

I have tried all the suggested workarounds but have not been able to sort it out.

The WDPhoto app works perfectly, however the WD2Go app does not.

I have been in discusson with WD and they have put forward numerous suggestions but I have found nothing that works.

They belive the problem is with the Ipad, although I am not convinced.

When I launch the app, I get a Mybooklive icon to sekect.

After selecting the mybooklive I can see all my public shares.

If I click on one I see the next level in the folder structure but after this when I click on a folder the Ipad gives the busy circle and eventaually I get the message

“Device Offline”.

If I the come out of the app and go back in I get the "Device offline " message when I click on the Mybooklive icon.

I can get access to the Mybooklive from my andcroid phone both within my own wifi neetwork and using 3G.

So I know that port forwarding on the Mybooklive is working properly as the android phone and router and mybooklive all talk to each other.

I use an app caled Filebrowser to access the Mybooklive files.

This works a treat.

Why so many people have problems with the WD2GO app and Ipad I have no idea.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I will no try any further.

I was an IT professional and like to think I have a reasonable knowledge around this area,

but if WD cannot define what is causing the problem I dont know who can.