WD2500BEVS-60UST0 error check

hello bevery body.

i have a hp pavilion notebook with  WD2500BEVS-60UST0  hard drive.

from one months ago until now, it starts showing this message to me when i want copy, delete, or install any file on my F: derive: “the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable”. i should add that almost every other day it shows this message to me and some times with restarting the pc the problem solves but some days latter again it shows this error.

so i try to do a CHKDSK check at windows startup for my F: derive but at stage 3 it shows this error message: “unspecified error occured”.

what should i do?

some one told me "You need to perform arel test your your hard drive. Chkdsk is not reliable for these situations
Test Hard Drive HD Diagnostic or this test Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp."

is he true? and how can i do this?

Download WD DLG software and run on DOS mode. Use different PC to download and create WD boot disk. Boot from the CD and run DLG on scan mode and then on repair mode. If fails, you need to replace the drive.

Download WD DLG software from here.

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=505&sid=2&lang=en

Thanks for your advise. i want add that my laptop manufacturer (HP) add a disk diagnostic tool to laptop. when windows is starting i press F10 and then in diagnostic menu, i run hard drive test, it take about 100 min and when finished it reports that there are not any problem with dard drives. what should i do?

What is your OS? If you are using FAT32 on this partition, you might get this kind of errors very often. This is true if you use XP. Since this is F: drive you can copy whatever possible to another location and format the drive using NTFS.

Are you using this drive as an external drive? (F: with USB enclosure)?

I need this vital info, before I go any further.

Ok, my laptop is a HP PAVILION with windows vista home premium, my F: drive is not external derive, it is one of my hard drives and use NTFS. i do a test with " Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows" in this page: " http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=702&sid=3&lang=en" now, and it shows me : “quick test: PASS” , “Extended Test: PASS”

If you have a spare USB 2.5 enclosure, you can put your drive there for testing. Use it as an external drive for a while. Note for the same errors while on USB enclosure. Whenever possible, copy your data out of that drive. Try to delete the existing partition and creating a new one. I am suspecting a connection issue or speed issue here.

Check whether your laptop supports the same SATA speed as the drive. For high speed drives, there is jumper located next to data port to configure proper SATA speed for the host. I am just curious… how do you connect another HDD to your laptop? Do you have a separate slot for this or are you using a caddy to place your HDD in the DVD drive bay?

Please state the correct model number for your notebook. This would help me to understand the background. If all fails you may have to return your drive for a replacement.

Ok, I should say that my laptop does not have any externel hard drive. it has an internal 250 GB hard drive that is in 3 partition (C:, D: (Windows recovery drive) and F:  ) . and as i said before, my problem is with F: .

my laptop model is: HP pavilion dv2690ee Entertainment Notebook PC.

I hope this information was helpful.

You should have said F partition instead of F drive in the first place. Anyway this may not be a physical disk drive issue.

Copy everything from D: & F: drive (partition) to some other location. Go to disk manager (Win Kay + R and type diskmgmt.msc on RUN dialogue box. In Disk manager you should see three partitions or more on your drive. Look for green back ground (border) behind second or third partitions.

Green represents Logical drive structure. C: drive should be basic (simple) volume and should not show green border.

What you have to do is to get rid of logical drive structure and create new simple partition(s). This may be difficult for you as “Windows recovery drive” may be located on top of same logical platform.

It is difficult for me to walk you through the steps required resolve this issue from here. If you do something to partition structure, Windows recovery drive may stop functioning properly.

Take a complete physical drive image using Nero or Paragon drive image software, in case you need to restore whole partition structure.

1 Like

Thank you. as i said before my hard drive (that is internal) has 3 partitions, C:, D: (windows recovery drive) and F: and i have problem with F:. i want to say that  C: and D: are Primary Partitions but F: is Logical Drive. so, i want ask that what should i do with F:, should i delete it and than build it again as a Primary Partition? and if yes, how can i do this?

or maybe with formatting it,will the problem solve? my OS is Vista home premium and i recently installed EASEUS Partition Master on my notebook.

Thanks.

///Ali

Chogan wrote:

hello bevery body.

i have a hp pavilion notebook with  WD2500BEVS-60UST0  hard drive.

from one months ago until now, it starts showing this message to me when i want copy, delete, or install any file on my F: derive: “the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable”. i should add that almost every other day it shows this message to me and some times with restarting the pc the problem solves but some days latter again it shows this error.

so i try to do a CHKDSK check at windows startup for my F: derive but at stage 3 it shows this error message: “unspecified error occured”.

what should i do?

some one told me "You need to perform arel test your your hard drive. Chkdsk is not reliable for these situations
Test Hard Drive HD Diagnostic or this test Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp."

is he true? and how can i do this?

The F: partition has most likely become corrupted.  If you need the data on the partition, you could try to find a partition recovery software online and restore the partition.  If you don’t need the data on the partition, you can go into Disk Management, delete the partition, then recreate the partition and format.  You should then have a useable partition.

1 Like