WD20EARS-00MVWB0 and AAM option Supported and Not Supported

Polish distibutors started selling those HDDs as RECERTIFIED… so its look like they are fake

AIUI, a genuine recertified drive would have an “R” on the label.

This example has a R in the date field:
http://i54.tinypic.com/5f3ll5.jpg

I notice that the model number, WD20EARS-11R6B1, doesn’t exactly match the DCX, 1015R0F65. According to my examination of drive labels, the second digit in the DCX of regular HDDs should match the second digit in the model number suffix. Perhaps this is how a recertified drive is remarked???

In your case, you could obtain a lot more useful information by removing the PCB. Until you do that, you will only be speculating.

I gave fake hdd to shop - If i would do that, i would lost warranty - and they probably wont do that too.

So basicly polish sellers are trying to sell those as a Recertificated even when thats not recertificated. Lame a little. I will look for valid polish seller for now…

You always want to make sure that you purchase the products directly from a WDC retailer listed on our “Where to Buy” area on our webpage. 

Gore_ wrote:

I gave fake hdd to shop - If i would do that, i would lost warranty - and they probably wont do that too.

So basicly polish sellers are trying to sell those as a Recertificated even when thats not recertificated. Lame a little. I will look for valid polish seller for now…

Can you private message me your contact information so that I can have our EU team contact you about this?

This is little sarcastic.

OFFICIAL SUPPORT told me that there should be LBA + SATA on sticker + all of WD drivers have AAM.

BUT

the OFFCIAL EU SUPPORT told me that AAM is disabled, sticker is ok (the one without LBA/SATA)…

I see Lie here. Which one lies ?!