WD2 Go

Hi, 

Can someone tell me how to access WD2 Go website and why it doesn’t work. 

Love the product, had it working for about 6 minutes in the past month but those 6 minutes were magical. 

Solarsailor wrote:

Hi, 

Can someone tell me how to access WD2 Go website and why it doesn’t work. 

Love the product, had it working for about 6 minutes in the past month but those 6 minutes were magical. 

you have to enable remote access, and login to wdmycloud.com *(which takes you to wd2go). You did not say what happens when you try.

here is the manual http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705103.pdf which will guide through the installation and explain remote access.

this also can help http://setup.wd2go.com/?mod=howTo&device=mc

You also need java for your browser (It will ask you if you do not already have it)

HTH

Doesn’t work for me with either chrome or IE11.

At the moment can access with Firefox, but only with an older version of Java installed.

No one seems to have come up with a solution on here that works for me, and I can’t receive telephone support calls as they are from automatically refused international numbers.

It worked ok when I first got my unit and I principally access my brothers wd drive remotely some distance away, but after the period when access was lost for a bit I have not been able to use Chrome or IE11.

Got it working…at home…the last place I need it. 

I’m resigned to the fact that this product in general , isn’t very good at doing what it’s supposed to do. 

Ken3966 wrote:

Doesn’t work for me with either chrome or IE11.

At the moment can access with Firefox, but only with an older version of Java installed.

No one seems to have come up with a solution on here that works for me, and I can’t receive telephone support calls as they are from automatically refused international numbers.

It worked ok when I first got my unit and I principally access my brothers wd drive remotely some distance away, but after the period when access was lost for a bit I have not been able to use Chrome or IE11.

It did not work for me either. Only Firefox. however, I recently managed to make it work with IE11. Try this, when you login via IE11 (aasumign to installed java 1_7_55 i think), you enter your email and password and if you click sumbit nothing happens. Stay on the page and look at the URL bar. You will see a blue circle with a line across it (like a stop sign) click on that and unblock it. IE 11 for some reason blocks java (I am not suer wheterh the problem is java or IE11).

This worked for me and I can now use IE11.

Thanks, bizarley it worked with IE11 this time without having to change anything, Chrome still just sits there though, even though all permissions seem fine.

Chrome worked fine until the site went down a few weeks ago, has not worked since for me.

Still can’t get it to work with up to date Java though.