WD1501FASS Can these drives be configured as a mirrored Raid in OSX?

I am trying to configure a mirrored raid setup using the osx disk utility raid software and when I try to configure it my computer freezes and gets a kernel panic error.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I have tried 32k block, 256k block.  I am using a macbook pro and a SeriTek/2EN2 external esata bay.  I had no issues with the SEagate drives I was using prior.  

If anyone has any input, it will be greatly appreciated.

Floyd

From WD Website:

Desktop / Consumer RAID Environments - WD Caviar Black Hard Drives are tested and recommended for use in consumer-type RAID applications. (RAID-0 / RAID-1)*

Business Critical RAID Environments – WD Caviar Black Hard Drives are not recommended for and are not warranted for use in RAID environments utilizing Enterprise HBAs and/or expanders and in multi-bay chassis, as they are not designed for, nor tested in, these specific types of RAID applications. For all Business Critical RAID applications, please consider WD’s Enterprise Hard Drives that are specifically designed with RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER), are tested extensively in 24x7 RAID applications, and include features like enhanced RAFF technology and thermal extended burn-in testing.

:cry: