WD10EZEX 1 TB, SATA 6 Gb/s is this compatable to a SATA 3.Gbs interface?

Hello I do hope you cab help with my enquiry. My oldish Dell Desktop XPS 8100 has a failed Internal Hard Drive.
I have found a new WD hard drive that might be the right one for my PC - WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX 1 TB, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache, 7200 RPM Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drives
The Studio XPS 8100 has two 3.5" bays for hard disk drives. It has four SATA 2.0 (1.5Gbps/3.0Gbps) ports. Can you please confirm that the proposed WD drive [ SATA 6.Gbs] is backward compatible to SATA 2.0.?

I really do not understand if the new WD10EZEX 1 TB, SATA 6 Gb/s, is compatible with the Dell XPS 8100 which currently has a none working Samsung HD 103SJ SATA 3.00.

I have asked on the Dell forum -they advised check with WD ?, your comments awaited

Thanks
Steve

Hi there,

This drive i believe is compatible with Sata 3Gb/s without a need jumper settings or anything like that, but lets see if another user can clarify this for you and share some information or tips on this matter.

OK thanks for your comments, I think its OK but I’ll await further suggestions/feedback.
I have used WD in the past without issue, but who knows these days.
Steve

WD10EZEX supports SATA2 and SATA3. I currently use it on SATA2. Nurse bad. I’m sorry if that’s not written. I am Russian)))

I have an old computer with SATA1 (1.5Gb/s) interface. Is this HDD (WD10EZEX) compatible with my old computer?

SATA is forwards and backwards compatibles. In short, do not worry.

1 Like