WD10EARS clone / align steps

I got a WD10EARS 1TB Green drive.  It is an advanced format and I would like to “clone” my older sata drive 0 (also boot drive) to it.  I can not install Acronis True Image WD or Acronis WDAlign because I have the full “paid version” of True Image 2011. 

What should be the steps to clone my older drive, which is my 2 partition boot disk and contains Windows XP?

you cna use a freeware linux distro - clonezilla

google it

freonchill wrote:

you cna use a freeware linux distro - clonezilla

google it

Canned response!!!

You did not READ my message.  I have the FULL Acronis True Image 2011 so WHY get clonezilla?

I am looking for the correct steps in cloning my boot drive that has 2 Windows XP partition and the Windows 7 BCD boot menu.   

How do I use the WDAlign and “which” version???

Zero (0) kudos!!!

smlunatick wrote:

I got a WD10EARS 1TB Green drive.  It is an advanced format and I would like to “clone” my older sata drive 0 (also boot drive) to it.  I can not install Acronis True Image WD or Acronis WDAlign because I have the full “paid version” of True Image 2011. 

If you have Acronis True Image 2011, why would you need Acronis True Image WD? Isn’t the latter just a “lite” version of the full-blown True Image that will run only if it can see a WD drive in the system?

I don’t understand why the presence of Acronis True Image 2011 would prevent the installation or use of WD Align. Does it? What error message(s) do you get?

I was not attempting to install WD True Image but attempting to set up an “advanced format” drive.   I read the WD advanced format page and was concerned about my upcoming clone process of my XP boot 0 drive.  Turned out nothing was need to be done as Acronis has also included the “advance format” set up in their FULL product.

smlunatick wrote:

… I read the WD advanced format page and was concerned about my upcoming clone process of my XP boot 0 drive.  Turned out nothing was need to be done as Acronis has also included the “advance format” set up in their FULL product.

• *That’s good to hear – especially given that I’ve just upgraded to Acronis True Image Home 2011, but haven’t installed it yet , and I’ve been trying to figure out what I need to do to set up a 1TB Caviar Green drive in an enclosure for use as an external drive.