WD10EARS AcronisWD kills logical drives

Eventually I made it to restore the OS partition from backup (the backup had to be made with AcronisWD - using backup made with Acronis ver.9 kills the whole partition table if disk was aligned).

Now, small(*?) problem. When I restored the partition where I have OS, AcronisWD killed two of the extended logical drives I had on the drive - I had one for operating system, and three in the extended partition.

Can I have this many logical drives with this HDD / AcronisWD? Is this up to the version of the Acronis I am using?

If it is, I think we people who walk on the ground should be informed before we spend long weekend playing with testing of the hardware and software.

Can anybody answer the technical part of this writing?

By the way, I cannot uninstall my previous version of the Acronis that came onto my new drive through cloning. It might be because now it is on unknown ground and don’t know what to do. It works, though with my old drive only.

Thanks

ZoGraph wrote:

Eventually I made it to restore the OS partition from backup (the backup had to be made with AcronisWD - using backup made with Acronis ver.9 kills the whole partition table if disk was aligned).

Now, small(*?) problem. When I restored the partition where I have OS, AcronisWD killed two of the extended logical drives I had on the drive - I had one for operating system, and three in the extended partition.

Can I have this many logical drives with this HDD / AcronisWD? Is this up to the version of the Acronis I am using?

If it is, I think we people who walk on the ground should be informed before we spend long weekend playing with testing of the hardware and software.

Can anybody answer the technical part of this writing?

By the way, I cannot uninstall my previous version of the Acronis that came onto my new drive through cloning. It might be because now it is on unknown ground and don’t know what to do. It works, though with my old drive only.

Thanks

From what I have seen Acronis WD Edition is not 4K complient - they have a seperate utility just for aligning the drives. What you need to do is partition your drives first, than align them using the align utility. Once this is done your drives will be properly formatted and aligned.