WD your products [Deleted]

I purchased one of your 2 tb hard drives for big dollars about 4 months ago and it just today broke. Same problem that everyone else seems to be having. It’s an absolute joke that you can legally manufacture a product that has such a massively high failure rate. We the consumer are paying all this money and assuming that because of the value we are receiving a good product that doesnt need cords to be replaced or repaired almost straight out of the box. How very wrong I was. I will never purchase one of your products again and will be informing everyone I know your product is sub par. We had another 2 tb external from your company at work about 6 months ago and the same thing happened. Needles to say it ended up in the bin. The fact that at the top of your external harddrive forum section there is a FAQ on hardrives not working demonstrates even you are aware of this problem. [Deleted]

All members, feel free to vent your displeasure with WD in this thread before they delete it.

Hi, did you ever tried to contact tech support for help? Your problem might be something that can be fixed.

Angry wrote:

I purchased one of your 2 tb hard drives for big dollars about 4 months ago and it just today broke. Same problem that everyone else seems to be having. It’s an absolute joke that you can legally manufacture a product that has such a massively high failure rate. We the consumer are paying all this money and assuming that because of the value we are receiving a good product that doesnt need cords to be replaced or repaired almost straight out of the box. How very wrong I was. I will never purchase one of your products again and will be informing everyone I know your product is sub par. We had another 2 tb external from your company at work about 6 months ago and the same thing happened. Needles to say it ended up in the bin. The fact that at the top of your external harddrive forum section there is a FAQ on hardrives not working demonstrates even you are aware of this problem. [Deleted]

All members, feel free to vent your displeasure with WD in this thread before they delete it.

Well sorry to hear that dude

this is not the case for most of us here

case of bad luck I guess… You can replace the drive by contacting WD

when you say it broke… What do you mean? What happened with the drive?

I guess is not the same case for all of the users. However, is really bad that you have two units going bad on you within 4 and 6 months. 

You can contact WD support to see if they can replace the units for you.

What are the drives that went bad on you? 

He’s just ranting.

He:

• Never identifies the problem it has… “it just today broke.”
  • He says “EVERYONE” has the same problem.   I’ve never had a problem with any of my 5 or 6 WD externals, thus his premise is disproved.
  • He claims a “massively high failure rate” yet has no evidence to support such a statement.
  • He offers the trite “I’ll never buy another WD product again” threat…  But that is, of course, his own choice…
  • He says the “Same Thing” happened to another drive, but again never says what that “thing” is.
  • He is discarding his products instead of requesting support; assumed because he never stated any such interaction.
  • His logic that the existence of an FAQ (which is, itself a copy of a KB article) that describes failure modes means that WD is aware of said “massive failure rate” problems is a fallacy of “Begging the Question” because no such massive failure rate has been proven.

So, it is what it is…  just an “Angry” post that, on the whole, means nothing.