WD World Essential Networkl Drive to view complete album of pics of our disabled son Zachary

Sorry folks but my device is a WD WorldBook esstential white light network drive that mygood friend purchased for my wife and I for a present to document Z’s life. We got all the pictures in there, along with his favorite music too but cannot seem to access it. We have it plugged into the router (Xfinity) and it does show up on our main PC but to access photos, integrate music inti iTunes and generally everything else is no go. I’ve read the documentation online several times and as much as I believe it is a permission issue, I’ve spent many a long night trying to solve this before our family reunion on 5/14 any ans all help would be much appreciative as I know I’m out of my depth here and the generous relative who bought this wonderful present for us is as he puts it “technologically challenged”
Thanks in advance for any help
We all would appreciate it.
RW

I will try to help, although I am not familiar with this particular device, I am familiar with WD network devices, I have one. I tried to find info about this, and found the correct name for it is “My Book World Edition (white light)” . It is around 5-6 years since it was released and it is one of WD’s earlier network storage devices and came in two configurations, the one drive model or the two drive model. (indicated by the roman numeral II in the name).

Which model do you have?
Are you using it with a Windows PC or an Apple computer?
How did you get the photos, music and other data onto it?
Did you copy your data from a computer to it or did you just let auto backup do its work?
Have you ever accessed the data to look at it or listen to it since putting it on the device?

You say you have read through the manual online. Did you ever download and save it to you computer? You can, you know. This way you can easily refer to it again and again.

OK, awaiting you answers and we will continue from there.