WD will not read hard drive

Hi I am new .this post will be long sorry

I have had my wd tv live for about 5 years only last year started having problems with it 

First - if you left the wd on and it starts the pics ( screen saver ) you would have to restart the wd to watch a movie every time and you would have a green screen/ other stuff  when restarting.

Than it total stopped reading the external hard drive saying no storage present .

I did reset with the pin holding for 4 sec, than picked english and than it go stuck in trying to find wirless connection ( I dont use internet to the wd) I bypassed it by pressing setup on the remote. I watched 2 movies took the hard drive out to put more movies on and same thing happened 

I reset it again but this time it would not read the hard drive… I have checked hard drive all good there… I am currently connecting to wireless and doing updates to see if that works… my partner is ready to throw it in the bin 

Any ideas on why or how to fix the problem ?? 

Thanks 

nic351 wrote:

Hi I am new .this post will be long sorry

I have had my wd tv live for about 5 years only last year started having problems with it 

What model# do you have?  The model for the forum you posted in just came out in 2014?

Sorry maybe i should read more closely.
Wd tv live streaming media player model C3H
I did the updates but same thing happened

thank you

C3H is’nt the model number (that’s the FCC ID or IC number)

Model (aka P/N ) should be either   WDBHG70000NBK  or   WDBGXT0000NBK  for the Live Streaming

i’ve notified a mod to move this thread to the correct forum.

This thread is the 2014 WDTV Media Player   WDBYMN0000NBK, WDBPUF0000NBK