WD Ultra 2TB data recovery

Hi,
my drive fall on the ground. when it is plug in computer, it makes noises for a few minutes, then go quiet.
windows recognize the device, but doesn’t know the size. WD drive tool says failed “smart tests”.

what can I do to restore the data?

thank you

1 Like

Hi there,

On this case, I would recommend to try a data recovery software first, then if this does not work you can try a data recovery company, here is a linki with help regarding data recovery companies:

2 Likes

thank you. what recovery software do you recommend? I tried Remo and EaseUs, both of the don’t recognize the drive

1 Like

Hi,
My drive also fall down (WD my passport ultra 2tb) from about 6 inches in running. Then not recognized size but display in device list. I have tried many recover software like disk drill remo recover 7 data recovery…Etc they are saying heads not found. WD drive tool says failed “smart tests”.
what can I do to restore the data?
I’m go to recovery center they are changed Rs:74000/- Indian rupes. So it’s heavy to me. Present this model not available in the market i want to know what is the models suitable for head swiping. I’m purchased same model in ali express but they are send fake chinese HDD inside.
Plz help me
what is the present suitable models for head swiping.

Thanks

1 Like

The moment you drop the hard drive, an unquestionable panic seems to overpower your senses. Data stored in hard drives are susceptible to lose, and the hard drive starts making noise. If in case it happens to you make sure not to tamper with the hard drive, it may lead loss of data beyond recovery. Dropping is the cause a hard drive may suffer damages. For instance, the internal circuitry like platters, heads, and firmware may get damaged. A dead hard drive does not return the access calls. In this situation, you cannot try the software. However, you can approach data recovery service providers. Only they can help you to get back your lost data from dead hard drive.

For More you can read this blog: https://bit.ly/2RDTDpH

If you have heard strange noises or received failed SMART test results from your drive after it fell, there is a good chance that it has suffered physical damage. You can only try using data recovery software to retrieve your data. However, it is recommended that you seek the help of a reliable data recovery professional software or company that has experience with physically damaged disks. These companies have specialized tools and methods to securely recover data from damaged storage devices.