WD TVLive and WUSB600N

More info needed!!

I have absolutely no idea what you are asking, but if you want to know if it works with the WD, I have a version 2 WUSB600N that is working great with my wndr3700 wireless router.

I am having a heck of time getting a message to post. Everytime I try the body is stripped of text and leaves a blank message… This is another try and if it works, I will again post my problem…

Here is my problem. I have a WD TV Live with a Linksys WUSB600N attached. I have a Seagate 1 TB NAS, with a WD 1 TB World Book attached via USB. All this on a Linksys WRT610N router. The WD TV worked for months with no problems. Then out of the blue it started freezing up, or hanging up on the last video played. The only way to get it to work right was unplug it, and restart. After much trial and error I have discovered that the WUSB600N is causing the problem. If it is not inserted the WD TV works great, but cannot access my network. I have even tried my spare WUSB600N and it does the same thing. So this leads me to believe that the real problem it with the WD TV. I have had to move the WD World Book off the network, and attach it direct to the WD TV, and have no network access to it. Any suggestions to correct this?

Ron-Y wrote:
Here is my problem. I have a WD TV Live with a Linksys WUSB600N attached. I have a Seagate 1 TB NAS, with a WD 1 TB World Book attached via USB. All this on a Linksys WRT610N router. The WD TV worked for months with no problems. Then out of the blue it started freezing up, or hanging up on the last video played. The only way to get it to work right was unplug it, and restart. After much trial and error I have discovered that the WUSB600N is causing the problem. If it is not inserted the WD TV works great, but cannot access my network. I have even tried my spare WUSB600N and it does the same thing. So this leads me to believe that the real problem it with the WD TV. I have had to move the WD World Book off the network, and attach it direct to the WD TV, and have no network access to it. Any suggestions to correct this?

You could try:

resetting the WDTV via the side paperclip button

resetting to factory defaults via the internal menu

unplugging from power for some minutes (not seconds)

do all 3 before using the unit.

Sometimes this reset overkill will cure the ills of the WDTV Live.

So far so good… After a hard and soft reset it seems to be working now…