WD TV Thumbnail Builder

Is anyone interested in trying an automatic thumbnail downloader / builder I’ve built?

It scans the files in a folder you select and automatically downloads the box cover from the web and saves it to a jpg with the video file.

It will also create Folder.jpg’s for each folder with the name of the folder in the thumb.

Here’s a screenshot:

Download Link

This new version requires the .Net framework 4.0 to run.

You can download the .Net framework from Microsoft using the link below:

.Net 4 Framework

Seems interesting.

Will see if I can make it work with Virtual Box and XP.

looks interesting.  i’ve been grabbing them from DVD ACTIVE, they have the DVD and BLU RAY covers, but auto would be nice.

again, too bad we still have the DOUBLE THUMBNAIL issue.

folder.jpg and/or movie.jpg

I have been using this.  It is great!!!  Just hit find cover and the rest is all done for you .

Thanks!!!

Looks interesting, but does not open on a mac??

I will give it a go thanks.

Worked perfectly for a while but when I just tried it, it was not able to pull any covers and I lost my 300 JPG covers.  I do not have it in me to do them all again manually.

wdtvtn wrote:

Is anyone interested in trying an automatic thumbnail downloader / builder I’ve built?

It scans the files in a folder you select and automatically downloads the box cover from the web and saves it to a jpg with the video file.

It will also create Folder.jpg’s for each folder with the name of the folder in the thumb.

Here’s a screenshot:

Download Link

Any body know why all of a sudden this does not work??  Or better can somebody send a link of a different program that pulls the covers automatically from the web.  I have windows 7.

Thanks

Are you recieving any error messages that would help debug your problem?

No error message just when I click find cover it doesnt find anything and just has the blank screen with the title.  It worked last week.  Strange    Maybe it has something to do with the site it is trying to pull the covers from???  Do you know any fix  or other software I could download that will go out and find the covers?

I wrote the software. I’ll take a look and debug when I get home.

Thanks!!! 

I’ve been able to reproduce the problem.  IMDB has changed their page layout.  I am working on an update.

I have posted an update that fixes the default cover download to support the new IMDB layout.  Download link same as before.  This new version requires the .Net framework 4.0 to run.

You can download the .Net framework from Microsoft using the link below:

.Net 4 Framework

Thanks but  when I click free download no page is found. Is it a bad link?  Am I doing something wrong?

I just re-posted the file.  Didn’t go the first time for some reason.

Thanks Again. I have to wait till I get home later to try it out.  This is a great program you put together.  After using it ,manually doing all the covers was unthinkable.

Hello,

I recently started to do network shares thru my new home server as opposed to using external HD’s.  When I open the WDTV thumbnail builder, the home server doesn’t show up on the list of drives.  Any idea how to fix this?  I would think the program would be compatible.   Thanks!!!  

Map the network share to a drive letter.

Right-click on the share in My Computer and select Map Network Drive

First love the tool.
As of last week its been erroring.  Imdb has been change there website again so im thinking that the problem.

error log.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: startIndex
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at WDTVThumbs.iccIMDB.ExtractLargeImage(String URL)
   at WDTVThumbs.iccIMDB.GetIMDBLarge(String TitleID)
   at WDTVThumbs.MovieListItem.DownloadCover(String Title)
   at WDTVThumbs.MovieListItem.cmdDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at ICC.UI.Plastic.ToolButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

Thanks the drives now show up.

However, I confirm that it now gives an error message.  I get the same one as the previous poster.   Love your program!!!  Hopefully you can fix it.