WD TV Spotify Access

WD TV will not login to Spotify says device needs premium account which I have and its been working fine until now. Checked subscription on another device and all fine. Anyone else got problems?

The Spotify app for the WD TV product family was discontinued by Spotify on May 4th. If you are unable to login or access after a factory reset then unfortunately the service is no longer operational.

I have the same problem with my WD TV Live (Gen3), cant log in… and i feel IT realy ■■■■■… cose i talked to spotify support about it and they told me nothing. Soo i still wonder if it is Spotify who has dropped WD or if it is WD who has dropped Spotify. Why i wonder as i didnt was able to even log in with a username and passoword i got from the support team to test with.

That’s a shame if what you say is true, I use my WD Tv box logged into Spotify the optical output into a good quality sound bar and that’s my sound system. No point having premium Spotify anymore. I am sure these companies drop things so your equipement becomes obsolete forcing you to buy new.

Just spoken to Spotify Support online chat Spotify apps being removed from all TVs and lots of devices.

That’s a large-scale decision. It seems they want to route traffic to their main site and mobile app.