WD TV media player content info intermittent

Hi All,

I have set up my wd TV media player today, hooked into up to the Internet and loaded content info to the wd external hard drive hooked up to the media player and the content is there and I can see the metadata in the movie folders when I look on my computer however the content info shows up intermittently … So it appears and then disappears over and over again. I checked the Internet connection and that’s not the problem so I really don’t know what to do … Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello Beaver, Welcome to the WD Community. Have you checked the firmware on the Media Player? Did you create the Meta Data yourself?

Firmware is fully up to date, yes. Metadata was gathered automatically by the media player. Is it possible the hard drive is somehow the problem? Thanks!

Hi, I don’t think is the drive but rather a corrupted database. I would recommend clearing the Media Library and attempt to get the Meta Data again. Please visit the following link to get information on how to do it.  http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705123.pdf#page=207