WD TV Live won't play playlists

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting this tip.

Weird wrote:

I was having problems playing playlist until i finally figured it out…

I wanted to make a playlist of the music on my pc which was conected through the network to the WD TV Live. I wanted to be able to play it upstairs on my WDTV Live connected to my TV.

I found out you can edit m3u files using any text editor.  What i noticed when i opened the file is it was using the complete path to the mp3’s. ie. C://My Documents/My Music/Artist/Song.mp3. Which is maybe good for the PC, but not the WDTV Live. I had placed the m3u under My Music on the PC. All i had to do was erase “C://My Documents/My Music” and leave the path from where the m3u file was (My Music) to the mp3.

So i was instead of

C://My Documents/My Music/Artist/Song.mp3

I edited the m3u to say

Artist/Song.mp3

It is now working. I’ve been doing this all manually. Maybe i can find a program that will automatically do this for me.

Hope this makes sense, and is able to help some people…

See here. Play around with it and you may found that this will make your playlists automatically. It works for me. Set to relative in the settings under Playlist details.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/WD-TV-Live-won-t-play-playlists/m-p/16255/highlight/true#M5236