WD TV Live Unable to upgrade from 1.03.22 to 1.03.35

Extracted 3 files to flash drive. no other files exist in flash drive. I did not get firmware upgrade option in settings menu. Restore to factory default settings is not working (tried from menu and hard restore). Not sure how to upgrade or downgrade.

Could somone please help me? Thanks!

Update:

I  had extracted files using windows 7 64 bit laptop.WDTV Live did not recognise these files. It did recognise when I extracted using windows XP 32 bit. But, not sure why RESET (both soft and hard) did not work for me. Thanks Tony for your tip!

Does the USB light light up?  It sounds like the WDTV isn’t recognizing your flash drive.   Put an MP3 on it and see if you can see it.  

viraj wrote:

Extracted 3 files to flash drive. no other files exist in flash drive. I did not get firmware upgrade option in settings menu. Restore to factory default settings is not working (tried from menu and hard restore). Not sure how to upgrade or downgrade.

Could somone please help me? Thanks!

First are you sure that you have put the 1.03.35 files on the flash drive. Check the version number in the ver file by opening it in notepad. You should have  ver, bin and fff files in the root of the drive. Try both USB ports. Make sure there are no other devices plugged into the unit.

How exactly is reset to factory default settings not working?  The reset only resets the unit and does not downgrade the firmware in any way.

Move to new thread since this is marked solved and I have a slightly different starting firmware version…