WD TV Live Streaming will no play Clone CD ISO files

I am experiencing problems playing ISO files created with Slysoft’s Clone CD. Clone CD is able to rip a DVD in ISO format for both single and dual layer DVDs and for dual layer DVDs it records the layer break. Attempting to play thse rips with the WD TV Live Streaming results most often with a blank screen that then leads to the unit restarting. With some rips you can watch the previews but it is impossible to get to the menu screen. Similarly in some cases the ISO image will play some bonus material but again it is impossible to get to the menu screen. Has anyone had a similar experience? What may be causing this problem? All ISO rips play properly on any computer I have tried. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks TV

You may reset  the SMP, by holding its reset button for 1 second.  If the issue persists you can try using another software to rip your DVDs, in order to compare results.

Thank you for the response Vadir.  I have tried the reset and found the results not to change.  I have found that also that once some ISO files may play the previews, exiting the playback and reselecting to play will often not show the previews either.

Currently I have hundreds of ISO files in both single and dual layer created with Clone CD.  I wonder if there is a solution for playback of these files as they are, instead of re-ripping or transcoding the entire library.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or does Western Digital do any testing on specific file types for compatibility?

Thank you,

TV

bro play iso files from back usb port.

I have tried the usb ports.  Still no luck with Clone CD ISO files.

Any other suggestions?

TV

Just wondering if anyone could try creating a CloneCD ISO image via a trial licence to see if this problem can be duplicated??

TV

strat95 wrote:
I am experiencing problems playing ISO files created with Slysoft’s Clone CD. Clone CD is able to rip a DVD in ISO format for both single and dual layer DVDs and for dual layer DVDs it records the layer break. Attempting to play thse rips with the WD TV Live Streaming results most often with a blank screen that then leads to the unit restarting. With some rips you can watch the previews but it is impossible to get to the menu screen. Similarly in some cases the ISO image will play some bonus material but again it is impossible to get to the menu screen. Has anyone had a similar experience? What may be causing this problem? All ISO rips play properly on any computer I have tried. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks TV

Have you tried another software like DVDFab to rip a test DVD? It might show if the problem is is with Clone CD or the SMP.

I havent used CloneCD but I do use SlySoft’s AnyDVD and the ISO files it creates work fine for me.

Same here with DVD Shrink ISOs.

Thanks for the ideas guys.  I will try creating ISO files with other software to see if this problem persists.  I will report back my findings.  My only concern is I have hundreds of ISO files made with CloneCD and re-ripping would be a real pain.

TV

strat95 wrote:

Out of interest does this happen every time you try to play the file? I had a problem where the first time I tried to play an .iso it would reboot the SMP. Then if I went back to the same file it would play. It only happened the first time I played the file. My .isos were made with DVDFab.

I am using Slysoft CloneDVD2 (not CloneCD) to make DVD > ISO files with no problems.  I’m guessing you mean you’re using CloneDVD2 because I can’t even see how you could make ISO files using CloneCD.  Anyway, so far I’ve had no problems at all (knock on wood).

This is just a thought but have you checked the AnyDVD settings?  Maybe it’s a reigon setting issue or something.  I really don’t know what it might be but thought I’d mention it.

Of course they wouldn’t work, as you merely have copied the files. But (most) video-DVDs need decryption and all that fuss, too.

Why the images work in other players or programs is beyond me, they really shouldn’t work there.

Or were you using AnyDVD alongside?

And why were you ripping DVDs with Clone CD? :wink:

CloneCD probably only does them in ISO9660, whereas video-DVDs need to be in UDF 1.02. Maybe that’s why they don’t work.

" and re-ripping would be a real pain." 

If it’s really just because of the way CloneCD has made the ISO, there’s no need to rerip.

1.) Mount the ISOs with Daemon-Tools or a similar program.

2.) Burn the VIDEO_TS folder with a burning-program (ImgBurn, Nero etc) as a DVD-VIDEO (important!) to a new ISO-image.

3.) Success.

1 Like