WD TV Live Streaming Media Player

Hi @Mike27oct

Interestingly enough that is another part of my DVD requirements. We have Foxtel *Mystar* which means we are unable to record anything from Foxtel on my current DVD recorder as it tells us that there is a copyright issue. I’d sooner get rid of *Mystar*, I don’t see any sense in rewinding a program especially sports when you are watching in ‘Live’, my son drives me crazy with rewinding before his program is finished. However, as it the subscription belongs to my father, I have to ‘put up and shut-up’. My ex reckons that apparently Panasonic is the only manufacturer who puts out a DVD recorder that is compatable with Foxtel. So that’s what I’ll be aiming for; a DVD recorder that is compatable with Foxtel.

LOL the esteemed Joey Smyth *grin*

FYI, the DVD Recorder I bought around four years ago is the Toshiba brand, and it records from the cable box recorded shows, (and likely live, too) as was as well as on-demand show I want to record.  I don’t attempt to record shows that are live at the moment; it’s too much like dealing with a “moving target” so I record stuff from the cable box’s DVD recorder, then play back to record onto my DVD recorder.  I often use erasable DVDs that I can take the recording off on to a file or permanent disc, then erase the DVD for re-use.  I really don’t use the DVD recorder that often; it’s kind of a “time sponge” I seem to avoid.  I have some recordings still on the cable box DVR that are around a year old I have been meaning to move to DVD, so thanks for reminding me I have one and have work to do!

I have a 2009 Toshiba DVR, the DR570, and around a year later they came out with the DR430 for a little less.  My model has a TV tuner, the later one doesn’t.  Not really necessary since one has a TV or cable box with a tuner anyway.

Apparently, Toshiba still sells the DR430 at their website:  http://www.toshiba.com/us/accessories?category=Electronics#25+216+260+4294948990+4294948455%7E10%7E0%7Ep_Featured

Amazon has them for sale, too:  http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-DR430-DVD-Recorder-Black/dp/B0038JECKY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382743400&sr=8-2&keywords=toshiba+dvd+recorder

So, that’s the story on the Toshiba DVRs.  They have been one of the major players of these products; and they are a major maker of DVD drives, too.

i have a Thomson TG782T (thanks to telstra) and have not been able to connect to (WD TV Live Streaming Media Player) it wirelessly, but i can wired. but i need it to be wireless because of its location. 

help please

Answer Found

Reconfiguring the Thomson TG782T router from Auto WIFI Channel selection on Channel 11 to Manual WIFI Channel selection on Channel 11 has solved this problem.

1 Like

LOL Mike27oct.

I know exactly how you feel. My son is the same in regards to rewinding, and I agree with you 100% re: rewinding during sports programs. We have Foxtel, it’s my father’s subscription. It used to be Austar, however, I would assume that they haven’t done too well, and Foxtel took over. However, it provides the same choice of being able to rewind. I hate it. Not only has it interferred with the ability to record a program on ‘Pay TV’ but it allows Dylan to rewind half-way through his program. I’d sooner do away with it completely. However, there’s not much I can do.

How do you re-configure the Thomson TG782T router from Auto WIFI Channel selection on channel 11 to Manual WIFI Channel selection on channel 11?

I’d like to be able to pick up all my movies directly off my laptop (which also is linked to Telstra Thompson Router). I have WiFi. I’d like to take out my ‘Middle-man’ the external (portable) hard-drive and stream it straight to the tv.