WD TV Live Streaming Media Player getting started with setup

WD TV Live Streaming Media Player      HDMI to TV!  Wireless to desktop.    Watching  a TV show using Comcast.net.   How do I see that  TV  show  on my   TV?

You don’t.

So then  what does the player  write-up   mean when it says “Stream the latest movies,   hit TV shows, sports, and internet entertainment   to  your HDTV”  ?   You have  to  subscribe to  NetFLix,   or  some other service?

camerman04 wrote:

So then  what does the player  write-up   mean when it says “Stream the latest movies,   hit TV shows, sports, and internet entertainment   to  your HDTV”  ?   You have  to  subscribe to  NetFLix,   or  some other service?

Basically, that’s correct.  Netflix movies or any other streaming source in the WD’s menu of content providers.  You also can stream your own home movies, your music files, movies you create from DVDs, etc.  

Suggest you read up more about your new WD toy.  Go download the complete user manual from the WD support center.

So we are limited  by  “WD’s menu of content providers”?   We can not define any new providers  or  web site such as  comcast.net / cbs.com / nbc.com / abc.com / etc?  I am disappointed!

camerman04 wrote:

So we are limited  by  “WD’s menu of content providers”?   We can not define any new providers  or  web site such as  comcast.net / cbs.com / nbc.com / abc.com / etc?  I am disappointed!

Don’t be disappointed; you just didn’t understand the constraints.  The WD can lo a lot of things, but not exactly what you wanted.  You bought a media player; not a web browser for the TV.

If it is content you want from the above sources and others like them, then perhaps you should also buy a Roku.  I have one of these, too.  It is mostly a streaming media player, and it cannot do what the WD does with one’s videos, music and photos.  It’s claim to fame is it has oodles of “channels” you can select from of various content steaming media.  Go to www.roku.com for more info.  For $100 you can get their top model player –  for less player, less money.  Like the WD, it also plays Netflix content, and I prefer the Roku over the WD for that feature.  I like their UI better.