WD TV Live Streaming 2.4 ghz Options

I have a general question regarding the use of a wireless 2.4 ghz board made by IOGEAR.  I was wondering what devices are compactible with the WD TV Live Streaming unit that will allow users to have a visual of the wireless mouse function in order to use the DVD options menu? Or is that possible at all?  I am having a problem selecting several of the available option such as: play-back or setup to get the correct playback I need to watch a movie. Can someone provide me with a solution to this. Thanks 

No, you can’t use a mouse for the DVD menus.

If the menus are functioning properly, you’d navigate to those options using the direction keys, just like your DVD player.

Bummer…but if the menu’s are functioning correctly as you just stated, how will you know. Will the menu function on the remote control or the wireless keyboard  select one of the options? If it does not work as you just stated, how do you adjust the settings on the WD TV Live streaming player or network device to function as intended? Or is it a recording feature on the movie it self? 

Sorry about all the what if’s, but trying to field all available options. By the way, Thanks for your help in clarifying some questions I have about this device.:smiley: 

if the menu’s are functioning correctly as you just stated, how will you know

You’ll be able to navigate the menus.   Just like a standalone DVD player.

Will the menu function on the remote control or the wireless keyboard  select one of the options?

Yes. 

how do you adjust the settings on the WD TV Live streaming player or network device to function as intended?

No adjustment necessary.   It’s automatic.  It’s actually possible to DISABLE menus, but if you do that, you won’t ever see the menu…the WD will just play the video.

Thanks TonyPH12345

But I think we may have a problem using the remote to  navigate the menu’s. The device does not respond to commands and when it does it zooms by the settings in a split second straight to the movie making it impossible to select the correct language. Do you happen to know which function key on the remote control or keyboard is responsible for navigating the menu’s? Or if a firmware update is coming out soon to fix this?

Thanks

It’s just the arrow keys and the OK key.

It sounds like you may have bad rips.

I’ll give that a try.

Just a standard rips that work on other DVD’s. Thanks for you help. I greatly appreciate it.